how many calories burned in an hour of jazzercise?

Options
I weigh 230 pounds and record 500 calories for an hour of jazzercise class. Does that sound about right?
Everything I found online was around 450 calories for 165 pound woman.

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    sound about right to me.

im 180 and mfp calculates 600 some for an hour of zumba.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    If it's similar to Zumba then it really is a case of how long is a piece of string? There are just so many variables, including :
    How much you put in to it, I really throw myself in to Zumba, jumping around like crazy, putting 110% effort in to every move.
    The instructor, some instructors are crazier than others and use far more energetic choreography.
    Which tracks are played, there are definitely some that burn a lot more Calories than others.
    How heavy you are, the heavier you are the more you'll burn

When I first started going to Zumba at 200lb+ I could burn a lot of Calories like in excess of 500 in 45mins, now at 148lb I burn around 300 on a standard day and around 400 in an extra bouncy class.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    firef1y72 wrote: »
    If it's similar to Zumba then it really is a case of how long is a piece of string? There are just so many variables, including :
    How much you put in to it, I really throw myself in to Zumba, jumping around like crazy, putting 110% effort in to every move.
    The instructor, some instructors are crazier than others and use far more energetic choreography.
    Which tracks are played, there are definitely some that burn a lot more Calories than others.
    How heavy you are, the heavier you are the more you'll burn

When I first started going to Zumba at 200lb+ I could burn a lot of Calories like in excess of 500 in 45mins, now at 148lb I burn around 300 on a standard day and around 400 in an extra bouncy class.

i know, the lower burn is the trade off for the lower weight. it sucks LOLOL