Looking for friends who...

Options
smelons
smelons Posts: 450 Member
...make the majority of their food from scratch. I try to make most of my food from fresh ingredients, when possible, so would like to see other people's diaries who do the same. Anyone? :)

Replies

• tburkett1915
    Options
    I make the majority of my meals from scratch for a few reasons in addition to my weight loss goals. I especially make my sauces. smoothies and side dishes from scratch. The other day I made cocunut chicken curry that was fabulous.
  • smelons
    Options
    Added! Coconut chicken curry sounds delicious...
  • smelons
    Options
    Any other takers?! Would like some more UK friends, so I know what the ingredients are.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    my husband and I make homemade Indian food usually, I'm still learning though!!! Messed up some dough today lol
  • robnfc
    robnfc Posts: 17
    Options
    I try to make things from scratch.....but I make some really bizarre concoctions when I'm cooking.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    my husband and I make homemade Indian food usually, I'm still learning though!!! Messed up some dough today lol

Logging Indian food is a nightmare therefore i have stopped eating most of it even though i live here!:grumble:
  • smelons
    Options
    Indian food and bizarre concoctions. Sounds good to me! I've added you both. :)
  • EmmaSlan
    EmmaSlan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I make most of my meals from scratch. I'm actually really enjoying cooking at the moment. Feel free to add me :)
  • smelons
    Options
    Added!
  • waipepe
    waipepe Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Most of my foods are clean and most recipes from scratch. I eat rather simple, lots of veggies. I don't use anything canned except for tuna. Packages, hmm, nothing really aside from rice crumbs, 80% cocoa chocolate and 100% Rye bread from a bakery and the occasional ice cream.

Add me if you wish!!
  • sam308lbs
    Options
    So i don't get a friend request ??
    tumblr_mk2sjfguDv1s2whrio1_500.gif

jk i can't handle the friends i have already
  • smelons
    Options
    Most of my foods are clean and most recipes from scratch. I eat rather simple, lots of veggies. I don't use anything canned except for tuna. Packages, hmm, nothing really aside from rice crumbs, 80% cocoa chocolate and 100% Rye bread from a bakery and the occasional ice cream.

Add me if you wish!!

Added!
  • smelons
    Options
    So i don't get a friend request ??
    tumblr_mk2sjfguDv1s2whrio1_500.gif

jk i can't handle the friends i have already

Ahhh, I'm sorry. :) I thought you weren't soliciting for friends, just commenting...
  • sam308lbs
    Options
    yea i wasnt.I was fooling around and i even wrote that.Read below the gif :)
  • Flissbo
    Flissbo Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm in the UK and make most things from scratch, feel free to add me :-) Just noticed on your profile you are on Candida diet......I had to do that for a couple of years for health reasons.... it's tough :-( Not as strict now as I got better but I still avoid sugar and yeast as much as I can now so I don't get ill again.

Trouble is with cooking from scratch is that my diary shows lots and lots of ingredients but you'll have no idea what I turned them into!!! Sometimes takes forever to log but at least I know it's as accurate as I can get it X
  • BonnieandClyde29
    Options

Logging Indian food is a nightmare therefore i have stopped eating most of it even though i live here!:grumble:

There is an Indian market where we live so some things I can scan on the new barcode which is AWESOME!!! I hate trying to find stuff I cant even always pronounce lol, but they have a lot of indian food surprisingly well especially what we eat, I messed up some roti's/chobatis bad today lol!!!
  • smelons
    Options
    Hiya, I'm in the UK and make most things from scratch, feel free to add me :-) Just noticed on your profile you are on Candida diet......I had to do that for a couple of years for health reasons.... it's tough :-( Not as strict now as I got better but I still avoid sugar and yeast as much as I can now so I don't get ill again.

Trouble is with cooking from scratch is that my diary shows lots and lots of ingredients but you'll have no idea what I turned them into!!! Sometimes takes forever to log but at least I know it's as accurate as I can get it X

Added! I've been doing the Candida diet (I use that term loosely now, as I'm not as strict as when I started) for about 3.5 years now, so I'm used to it now. Even if I eventually stop doing it, I can't see myself eating sugar or drinking alcohol again.

Don't worry, my diary's the same. I generally log every ingredient, but often it's in a recipe, so I can use it again.
  • sam308lbs
    Options

There is an Indian market where we live so some things I can scan on the new barcode which is AWESOME!!! I hate trying to find stuff I cant even always pronounce lol, but they have a lot of indian food surprisingly well especially what we eat, I messed up some roti's/chobatis bad today lol!!!
    well thats a lot better than anything we have goin on over here.Most delicious food is such that they don't even bother putting up a Nutritional chart on the back side arrgh
  • BonnieandClyde29
    Options

well thats a lot better than anything we have goin on over here.Most delicious food is such that they don't even bother putting up a Nutritional chart on the back side arrgh

aww I'm sorry!!! My husband was there for like 6-7 months last year and everyday he would text me and say all I want is some ihop pancakes lol, the american diner wasn't doin it for him!! He is lucky and eats whatever he wants (mostly sweets), and I have to be like please get that away from me!!! and he looses weight, not fair!!! lol