Weight Loss Suppliments

Options
Hi there! Has anyone here tried weight loss supplements? There seem to be so many on the market at the moment, but do they really work? Not wanting to spend a small fortune on supplements if they're not going to work!

Replies

• aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Nope. I take supplements (a multi-vitamin, turmeric, and a probiotic) but I don't rely on anything but my calories for weight loss.
  • HacheraTsarine
    HacheraTsarine Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Pills would mostly be diuretics and/or laxatives, with no real weight loss properties, besides losing water weight and cleaning your wallet. If there was an efficient pill, trust me everyone would be super lean.

If I were you, I wouldn't even acknowledge them.
  • krystalraven
    Options
    Pills would mostly be diuretics and/or laxatives, with no real weight loss properties, besides losing water weight and cleaning your wallet. If there was an efficient pill, trust me everyone would be super lean.

Haha! So true! If it was that easy, everyone would be thin!!!
  • Lisasnomys
    Lisasnomys Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have been using Garcinia Cambodia and it has definitely helped to curve my appetite, don't get me wrong I am working out at least three times a week sticking to a 1200 cal diet, but have definitely not minded having a bit of help with my hunger pains. Its really worked for me.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    if they worked, we would all be skinny, and wouldnt need sites like mfp to help us... just eat less and exercise! very easy, and FREE
  • c_tap77
    c_tap77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I tried a couple different weight loss supplements--they cost a lot of money and when I stopped taking them, it didn't affect my weightloss/gain at all.

Don't waste your money...seriously...it may seem like a good way to jump-start weightloss or get through a plateau, but it really doesn't help...and I really wish I could have my hundreds of dollars back to spend on other more useful things...like the elliptical I just bought on my credit card :(