Carb/fat /protein ratio

Options
I have been staying in my allowed calories but noticed I'm not always within the carb / protein /fat ratio. I have been making healthy food choices and exercising. Looking for suggestions in this area

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Pre log to see if you're close to your goal, and then tweak as necessary
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Also keep in mind the ratios are just a guideline, as long as you're getting close most days you're fine.
  • gingerpus99
    gingerpus99 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Are you looking at your averages of the week also?
  • UncelDolan09
    UncelDolan09 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Try to keep 1-2 meals a day constant: I for example eat the same breakfast and snacks every day, so I know what nutrients I am taking in and which I still need to eat more of. Makes it easier to add what's missing imho.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,872 Member
    Options
    Close is close enough. I usually think of protein & fat and fats as targets to hit at least close, or exceed, but I don't worry about carbs at all as long as calories are on target, and lost 1/3 of my body weight fine that way, staying at a healthy weight for nearly two years since.

Different people advocate various macro strategies for satiation or health, but calories are the determinant of weight loss.
  • kellyjanemcintyre
    Options
    I struggle to hit the protein targets, so started pre-log my food and lead with protein for each meal, once protein is in i fill the gaps as best i can.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Try to keep 1-2 meals a day constant: I for example eat the same breakfast and snacks every day, so I know what nutrients I am taking in and which I still need to eat more of. Makes it easier to add what's missing imho.

Boring!