Exercise, when and what?

2»

Replies

• litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    Yep, walking is awesome, you may not love it at first, but you will grow to. I do weights at the gym one day, walk the next. I make sure I prioritise for exercise, I even arrange my work around it. I love the improvements you see with physical activity...great stuff. BTW I'm apple shaped too, all my fat is exactly in the wrong, central, dangerous places!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    If you can get your hands on a used exercise bike, that's what helped me go from very unfit to much better. Ask around, often someone you know will have one they never use. What I liked about the bike was that it was easy to adjust the intensity according to how fit I was, there was never any danger of getting stuck far from home if I ran out of energy, and the weather was no excuse not to use it.

I second the vote for Fitness Blender videos. Also check out some dance fitness videos - there are ones for all levels of fitness and all types of music.
  • sgtx81
    sgtx81 Posts: 466 Member
    burpees, mountain climbers, skaters... good stuff to get your heart rate up and burn a few calories.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,727 Member
    sgtx81 wrote: »
    burpees, mountain climbers, skaters... good stuff to get your heart rate up and burn a few calories.

And a good way to get an injury if your form is even the slightest bit off.