Part Deux - Need your support

Options
We all have our stories with food and our battle of the bulge. I have a glimpse of what an addiction can do to our psyche. As I was walking in today, I smelled the intoxicating smell of breakfast waffles and sausages. Almost like a cartoon character, my feet almost floated to the origin of source. My thoughts went wild. “I still have time to order a breakfast sandwich. If I don’t have time, I can leave early to have brunch somewhere.” It was an appetite monster on my shoulder pushing me to eat….eat…eat but I already had a sensible breakfast.

What really brings me here? Well, I have used this site successfully five years ago. I lost a total of 63 pounds. I know all too well that sensation of feeling amazing and holding my head up high then life happened. I won’t go into the details. I gained 40 of those pounds again. Last Monday was hopefully a turning point for me. I paid for my toddler son to have his photos professionally taken. The photographer urged me on to be with him in the photo and I simply could not participate. It was shame.

I need to feel comfortable in my own skin. I want to lead a life of balance. I don’t want to use food again to escape. I am taking this 20 pounds at a time on My fitness Pal.
I relocated from Chicago to Las Vegas and I am looking for support. I need that nudge. Im in my early 40s and fat does not disappear as fast I wish it could. I am hoping to find those that can be a kind gentle prod to do better.

My goal: I want to be in the photos next year. Will you help me get there?

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,491 Member
    Options
    Sorry you didn't get in the picture. Sorry you thought staying out was the right thing to do. Add me if you want. I've been at goal 11 yrs. I don't leave because I've seen what happens if we think it's done.

Ok. So you're starting over, you're down 23 lbs. Congrats on the loss.