Do you have a go-to “good” meal?

Options

Replies

• solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Sauteed cod filet with brussels sprouts also sauteed in spicy gochujang sauce with cashews or almonds on top. Filling, good amount of protein and some fat,spicy, and fast.
  • kdbulger
    kdbulger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: vanilla Greek yogurt, two slices of whole wheat bread with 1tbsp peanut butter and sliced banana.

Any other meal - 1/2 cup long grain rice (I keep it prepped and portioned in the freezer), spinach and veggies, chicken breast (also prepped and in the fridge/freezer), whatever delicious sauce/dressing I want.
  • spenceramcleod
    spenceramcleod Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Go to breakfast: greek yogurt and a protein bar

Go to lunch: pile of lettuce with some goat cheese and chicken breast on top

Go to dinner: roasted vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, butternut squash) and chicken breast

I have that breakfast and that lunch at least 5 times per week. That dinner at least 2-3 times.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Ramen with soft boiled eggs and any random veggies or protein in the fridge. It's great for using up leftovers. Pork chop, chicken, onions, spinach, mushrooms, frozen green beans. Lots of hot sauce or sambal olek.

Egg sandwiches. Egg, cheese, toast, and maybe some ham/bacon or spinach or salsa.

Roasted vegetables, hot pepper flakes, garlic, and olive oil on pasta, Parmesan.
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Sugar free porridge made with water and frozen berries with cinnamon. I know if I eat that for breakfast I won't be growling until lunch time. Not found the perfect one for lunch yet. In USA I had loads of kale sdalads - they were SO good and kept me going for about 6-8 hours. But I can't match any of the US recipes in UK. And our kale doesn't taste the same.
  • Rosemary7391
    Rosemary7391 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    For dinner, pasta and meatballs in tomato sauce. I like it so much that I can always convince myself to cook it no matter how tired I am! And I almost always have the fixings in the freezer (meatballs, sometimes mushrooms) and fridge (onion, gran padano if I'm feeling flush!) and cupboard (olive oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano). That works out at about 400 kcals without the cheese; and I can adjust the amount of pasta to suit the calories I have left.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    frozen trader joe's indian meals. not super glamorous but tasty and lowish cal.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Easiest no time, it's already super late, what can I make really fast with things I always have around meal is a 2 egg omelet with some kind of leafy green, some other kind of vegetable or vegetables, perhaps some feta cheese. If I have it, I might have cottage cheese or plain greek yogurt on the side, or half an avocado. Super fast to make, takes no thought, I can make it with things I pretty much always have around.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I have a 'good' meal every evening for dinner, as I am a creature of habit.

Currently this is a chicken breast, baby new potatoes/root vegetable mash, a duck egg and almost a pound of vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, babycorn and fine beans.
  • ent3rsandman
    ent3rsandman Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    jdlobb wrote: »
    My diet doesn't slip, I eat anything I like, and I like most foods, so I eat and like a variety of foods, and over time it provides nutritional balance.

nrekhviupp20.gif

Yeah, the IIFYM crowd gets a little frustrating to deal with sometimes, haha.

I'm a simple guy that doesn't like to cook so I usually just cycle between rice/spaghetti/a microwaved potato paired with chicken breast/rib meat/ground beef/pork chops. Sometimes have vegetables to go with them but I'm lazy and forget occasionally. Don't have to worry too much about dietary fat; I eat my weight in peanut butter because it is my spirit animal.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Meat, potato, veg.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Stir fry. I just get some oil and spices in a wok and add whatever vegetables and left over meat I have lying around and presto. Meal done.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    My diet doesn't slip, I eat anything I like, and I like most foods, so I eat and like a variety of foods, and over time it provides nutritional balance.

nrekhviupp20.gif

I'm a simple guy that doesn't like to cook so I usually just cycle between rice/spaghetti/a microwaved potato paired with chicken breast/rib meat/ground beef/pork chops. Sometimes have vegetables to go with them but I'm lazy and forget occasionally. Don't have to worry too much about dietary fat; I eat my weight in peanut butter because it is my spirit animal.

What on earth does this exchange have to do with IIFYM? Do you imagine kommodevaran is saying nutrition does not matter? I think what she said is similar to what you said, except that she likes to cook, I suspect.

Neither of you mentioned a go-to meal, but more a process. (I also have a process, but I have a few go-to meals if things are nuts and try to cook enough for leftovers since I know there are days I'll get home super late and want to microwave, and anyway I can take them for lunch if I don't need them as dinners.)
  • ent3rsandman
    ent3rsandman Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

nrekhviupp20.gif

What on earth does this exchange have to do with IIFYM? Do you imagine kommodevaran is saying nutrition does not matter? I think what she said is similar to what you said, except that she likes to cook, I suspect.

Neither of you mentioned a go-to meal, but more a process. (I also have a process, but I have a few go-to meals if things are nuts and try to cook enough for leftovers since I know there are days I'll get home super late and want to microwave, and anyway I can take them for lunch if I don't need them as dinners.)

Sorry, I thought it was the old "my diet doesn't slip because I eat what I want as long as it fits my calories" spiel. That was my bad.

But yeah I really could have just simplified that by saying meat + carb = my go-to meal.
  • maryannprt
    maryannprt Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I don't think I do either. It can vary by mood. I have a couple of standby quick dishes that I can whip together from pantry staples.

I think that's the question. What are your standby "ugh my brain hurts what am I going to eat so I don't starve and I don't have to be creative" meals?
  • Gracie12311
    Gracie12311 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Most definitely. A roast chicken (with skin) and a baked potato with sour cream. This meal always sits well with me. I’d definitely co wider it my go to meal.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Three 4oz hamburgers, five slices of bacon and some vegetables is my new go-to. Fatty, salty, sweet (so delicious), plenty of protein and 800-900 calories so satiating.

My old favorite was roasted chicken thighs and sugar snap peas. Again with the fatty-salty-sweet - that combo really seems to work for me.
  • NoxeemaJackson
    NoxeemaJackson Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Canned black beans + salsa + lite sour cream
  • NoxeemaJackson
    Options
    Egg salad! Hard boiled eggs + mayo plus whatever combination of the following I have on hand:
    Pickles
    Olives
    Jarred red peppers
    Yellow pepper rings
    Just chop it up finely
  • NoxeemaJackson
    Options
    Have you had the frozen mixed vegetables before? The ones with the sauce? Thta plus frozen shrimp works too