Lethargic; please help me?

Options
2»

Replies

• GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? Being dehydrated can cause fatigue.

You're fairly close to goal weight. You might trying changing your calorie goals to half a pound a week.
  • GLMOC
    GLMOC Posts: 6
    Options
    Just looking at the past few days I would say you are eating too much carb and not enough protein! Carbs can "weigh you down" I know they make me a lot more lethargic.....sleepy too!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    You need to up your protein by a good amount (double what you're eating). The B vitamins come primarily from red meat and you very well could have a deficiency which will have a negative impact on energy.

You also need foods rich in calcium, selenium, manganese, essential amino acids, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, iron...you're missing a lot of these nutrients.

Adding a multi-vitamin will only take you so far. You really should be getting your micronutrients from food sources. Doesn't matter whether those sources are "clean" or "dirty" so long as they are nutrient dense. Even making small changes here and there will add up over time.

If you have the app on your phone, use it to track the micronutrients that MFP tracks. If you meet those, chances are good you're eating the foods that are rich in all the others, too. Get on Google and look up foods rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcuim, and Iron. Then foods rich in Vitamins B 6 and B 12. Write them down and pick the ones you enjoy.