Hit goal weight...now onto other goals

Options
SCoil123
SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
When I joined this site all I really wanted was to lose the 30lb I had gained back. I’d lost a lot of weight and I felt defeated seeing it creep back on three years after maintaining. I didn’t even realize how much I had gained back until I joined this site and stepped on the scale because I had started wearing yoga pants everyday.

Through this site I learned to track calories. I also played with different macro splits until I found the right balance for my body. I got motivated to get active again and am enjoying daily workouts.

This week I’m officially back at my preferred weight. So now what? Now I’m shifting focus to body fat percentage. I want to get to around 20%.

I wanted to make this post for all the people who have reached goal and backslided. It’s humbling and hard starting over. It’s easy to convince yourself there is no point and you will just gain it back again. Do not let that negative talk detour you from your goals! If I can do this (again) so can you

Replies

• lyhyl
    lyhyl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration and congrats!!
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    This is a brilliant post. The whole point (for me) of losing that 30lb is to be able to achieve new goals - there's stuff to do and being fitter will allow me to do it. As you say, it's so important to have that new, healthy goal in mind immediately.
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    looking good! thanks so much for the inspiraion :)
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Yes, ma'am! Adherence is an a very simple concept. But, not so easy to actually do. And, totally awesome post....I love the "I reached one goal, now I am on to this goal". So many people backslide because they have spent the entire time focused on Goal A that, once they get there, they have no idea what to do. Well, we all know what they do! Old habits! So very easy to avoid that. Yet, for the most part, we all backslide! Excellent points!

And, great work. You look fantastic.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!