Ulcerative Colitis IBD Struggles / Support

Options
Hi, everyone. I have been on My Fitness Pal for about a month and lost 9lb so far. I suffer from UC, and was wondering if anyone else does, too. Please feel free to add me. I'm wondering what foods you generally avoid to prevent flare ups?

I was recently diagnosed, and the pain is just awful. I'm trying to get in to see the GI doctor, but they're all booked well in advance. I am on a temporary steroid to help with pain and inflammation until I can see the GI doctor... hopefully soon.

I'm looking to have supportive friends who understand this disease. I am on my way to losing about 35 pounds, and so I have about 26 more to go. Thanks! :)

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    As I said in the other thread I had crohn's colitis now changed to gastroduodenal Crohn's after total proctocolectomy with end ileostomy 6 months ago. I was diagnosed January 2015.
  • pjowkar
    pjowkar Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was diagnosed with Crohn's in the summer of 2016. Feel free to add me.
  • SpiritGirl94
    SpiritGirl94 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with IBD/UC. This year and it's all new. Looking to find others who struggle too and find some tips and tricks to help.
  • rebecky8085
    rebecky8085 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Add me, newly diagnosed with Uc