Anyone know of any good waist trainers?

I'm looking for a good quality waist trainer that I can wear while working out and one that I can also use under my clothes when going out. I wouldn't want it to slide up when bending or sitting. Any suggestions? TIA!!

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Diet & exercise
  • sgtx81
    sgtx81 Posts: 466 Member
    Shape your waist with a caloric deficit + bicycle crunches, oblique crunches, Russian twists... the best thing about 'em is they don't cost a penny.

All a waist trainer will do is squish you into an unnatural shape and shoot your blood pressure up.
  • DanishFeta
    DanishFeta Posts: 61 Member
    I was told that wearing corsets and waist trainers prevent you from building muscle. You might look good in them while wearing them, but they're not going to give you any permanent benefits. Might be best to stick to diet and exercise.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    I guess my question is WHY you would want to wear a waist trainer while working out? Are you looking for support of the back? Or for looks?
  • Maugustin2
    Maugustin2 Posts: 4 Member
    edited November 2017
    Thank you all for your responses. I am exercising and eating properly but the reason why I would like to wear a waist trainer is because I look pregnant! I had my second child 9 months ago and I was actually told to wear one once I gave birth but I didn't and I wish I would have. I'm slim everywhere else except my stomach so it looks akward and I'm often questioned if I'm pregnant. I wore an abdominal binder yesterday while at the gym and I actually sweated from my stomach as well. The first time i went and worked out with a personal trainer without one I did not sweat one bit from my stomach area. I don't want one to wear it on an everyday basis but just while I go to the gym and when I want to go out and not look pregnant until I start to see results from the exercises and diet.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Who told you too after you gave birth?

I recommend Spanx for going out, and patience, + diet and strength training for everything else.
  • Maugustin2
    @Pinuplove I actually do have a 2 finger gap above my belly button area
  • Maugustin2
    @BusyRaeNOTBusty doctor at the hospital ordered me to put on an abdominal binder after my c section and told me to continue to wear it at home to keep my stomach tight
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Diastasis Recti is fixed by exercise, not by wearing a waist trainer that will actually further weaken your core muscles. It takes abdominal exercises to strengthen the muscles to eventually pull the muscles together. I had Diastasis from multiple abdominal surgeries, and thought I would never be able to fix it, but after doing a lot of different core exercises, it is almost gone.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,281 Member
    Swimming works for me.
  • kenyonhaff
    OK, I'd check on a few things:

* How long to wear the waist trainer after giving birth. How do you know when to stop?
    * If you have to bind your C-Section area, it's not time to hit the gym yet.
    * Does your doctor have recommended core exercises? Or a recommended physical therapist, etc. That will give you a guide to what you should be doing to strengthen your core? (Note: not just some guy/gal at the gym.)
    * As others have said, sweating is mixed up with effort and exercise and the myth of spot reducing.

After pregnancy, giving birth, and even after what is MAJOR surgery, women often feel enormous pressure to "get their shape back" and lose the baby weight when they HAVEN'T EVEN HEALED. This can be disasterous because it can put you at risk of injury. And it shows the enormous pressure women feel to look good even though it will put them physically in danger.

Please, please please talk to your doctor about these things.
  • kenyonhaff
    Also, no one really cares if you look pregnant at the gym. There is likely a woman that IS pregnant at the gym.

No one really cares if you are fat at the gym.

You'll hear from a lot of people here they are scared to go to the gym because they are overweight. As if there's a sign saying "You must be this BMI or under to enter". But it doesn't take long to realize everyone else is just as freaking self-concious.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    OK, I'd check on a few things:

* How long to wear the waist trainer after giving birth. How do you know when to stop?
    * If you have to bind your C-Section area, it's not time to hit the gym yet.
    * Does your doctor have recommended core exercises? Or a recommended physical therapist, etc. That will give you a guide to what you should be doing to strengthen your core? (Note: not just some guy/gal at the gym.)
    * As others have said, sweating is mixed up with effort and exercise and the myth of spot reducing.

After pregnancy, giving birth, and even after what is MAJOR surgery, women often feel enormous pressure to "get their shape back" and lose the baby weight when they HAVEN'T EVEN HEALED. This can be disasterous because it can put you at risk of injury. And it shows the enormous pressure women feel to look good even though it will put them physically in danger.

Please, please please talk to your doctor about these things.

All of this! Talk to your doctor about diastasis recti. He or she should be able to recommend some specific exercises. A waist trainer won't fix this, nor will just going to the gym and 'working out.'
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Overweight person I see in the gym = Inspiring and I feel pleased for them for trying to change and can somewhat empathise with them.

Overweight person that I know isn't a member of a gym or actively trying to change = No respect, no sympathy or empathy.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    edited November 2017
  • joeyy888
    joeyy888 Posts: 17 Member
    Don't bother.

Just do crunches or get access to a hang bar and do knee raises.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Yes I do, a very good meal plan also called healthy eating habits and exercise. Dont by gimmicks and do crunches, and other exercises meant for your abs.