Polar HRM vs. FitBit One

Options
spfldpam
spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
I have a fitbit one but have been thinking about getting a Polar HRM. I have a cheapy HRM watch I picked up a couple years ago and was mainly using it just to check my heart rate during exercising. Is the Polars water proof? I do alot of cardio pool classes is why I ask. Do the polars use a chest strap? I really don't want one with a chest strap is why I ask. Are the Polars easy to use and figure out?
I like my fitbit one but it mainly picks up walking, running and some other movements. What is doesn't pick up I manually log into MFP. Actually I manual log all my activities now on here since it was showing the fit bit cals burned as cals I had eaten so I had to uncheck a box on here that made that stop.
Thanks!

Replies

• spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I ended up ordering a Polar FT7 today off Macys. I had some gift cards and easy exchange cards so I only paid $22 out of pocket for it. I know I could have gotten it cheaper than $110.00 plus tax elsewhere but with the cards I got off quite cheap! Can't wait to get it and try it out!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Yes, they do have a chest strap but I promise that you get used to it quickly. You really got a bargain! Yes, they are waterproof but my experience with Polar in water has been hit and miss. You aren't supposed to press the watch buttons while in the water but that's not a big issue.
  • alloh1
    alloh1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I live by my FitBit One (love it, and the way it syncs with my smartphone), but just got my new Polar FT7 from Amazon yesterday. Tried it today, and LOVE it also. It told me that I am burning many more calories than I estimated when doing my P90X - Kenpo X today, which made me happy. My co-workers call me Gadget Girl... I wonder why?