Easy Low carb lunch ideas

Options
wrighty11146
wrighty11146 Posts: 74 Member
Hi all,

Currently trying to shed some timber and best of all, the mrs is joining me :D. Its a pretty big deal.

Got breakfast and dinners sorted out but lunches seem difficult. We both work, I'm on the road while she is in the office and would love some help with low carb lunches which are easy to make.

Any suggestions would be greatly apreicated.

Thanks in advance

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    salad is my usual low carb go to, with mayonnaise, hummus, sour cream etc
  • daisygirl2017
    daisygirl2017 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Turkey & cheese roll up with sugar snap peas, deviled eggs, buffalo chicken dip with celery, tuna salad in lettuce wrap
  • denja70
    denja70 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter & Jelly sandwich (wholemeal) :#
  • theabsentmindednurse
    theabsentmindednurse Posts: 405 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Quiche

2 bacon rashers(diced)
    6 button mushrooms (sliced)
    2 medium carrots (grated)
    1 medium zucchini (grated)
    1 cup grated tasty cheese
    7 eggs
    1 cup thickened cream
    1 teaspoon vegeta stock powder
    Salt and pepper
    Half cup plain flour

Grease a square baking dish.
    Preheat oven to 160degrees fan forced.
    Fry bacon and mushrooms in a little olive oil until golden. Pour into dish with other vegetables and cheese. Mix all ingredients to distribute.
    Add all other ingredients in a large jug. Whisk well. Pour into dish slowly. Use a fork to distribute the egg mix evenly.

Place in oven for 50 to 55 minutes. Test with a sharp knife in centre. (Should be clean).

Set aside to rest for five minutes before serving.
    Can be eaten hot or cold.
    Freezes well.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I'm having chicken and scrambled eggs today.

I mixed the egg mix at home in a jar ready to just ping at work.

No good for you but your wife might like it
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I like cold Zoodle pasta for lunch - could be spaghetti and meatballs, or pad Thai, or basically any type of pasta but with Zoodles. Spaghetti squash is another low carb pasta alternative. Make sauce ahead, spiralize Zoodles in the morning.

Any type of sandwich can be made into a lettuce wrap, or for something a little sturdier use red cabbage as a wrap.

Not super low carb but slow carbs which don't spike my blood glucose as a diabetic - quinoa bowls - quinoa, some type of legume, some type of protein, veggies, dressing.
  • kiracookie
    kiracookie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I eat a ketogenic diet so strictly low carb. I have omelette, scrambled egg with chorizo, coconut & cauliflower soup or a spicy broccoli soup or just left overs from my evening meal the night before (usually meat and green veg)
  • ANJ95667
    ANJ95667 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Broccoli soup, yum!
  • sarasmiles124
    sarasmiles124 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Zoodles, quiche and quinoa salads!
  • marygraci999
    marygraci999 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Currently trying to shed some timber and best of all, the mrs is joining me :D. Its a pretty big deal.

Got breakfast and dinners sorted out but lunches seem difficult. We both work, I'm on the road while she is in the office and would love some help with low carb lunches which are easy to make.

Any suggestions would be greatly apreicated.

Thanks in advance

Homemade Veggie soup.. Put loads of veggies in as well as swiss chard.. Delish!!! Just has some for lunch
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I usually eat left overs for lunch, but if I don'y have any a combination of any or all of these ingredients goes well together: avocado, grape tomatoes, hard boiled eggs, tuna fish and cottage cheese (or Greek yogurt).
  • DanerTee
    DanerTee Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese! I love it with salt and pepper along with a roasted red pepper, some Kimchi and carrot sticks. I throw in a hard boiled egg if I'm feeling frisky.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    lettuce wrapped burger. It's easy and the only thing I have to cook is ground beef patties.
  • Bzymom_3
    Bzymom_3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes w/ mozzarella & balsamic and olive oil, pepperoni slices w/ block cheese, lettuce wrap with taco fixings on the inside. I like anything that is grab and go so I try to prepare and weigh everything in advance and place it in a to go bag for the day. It often feels like lunch is a series of mini snacks.
  • slappy01uk
    slappy01uk Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I sometimes make a big batch of this and take it to work over 3 days. It's good cold as well as joy.
    https://skinnyms.com/quinoa-shrimp-paella/
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Leftovers from dinner
    Sandwich wraps made with low carb wrap/tortilla
    Soup or chili

Since you are on the road, does that mean no fridge or microwave? If so, I'd suggest getting a good soup thermos to keep meal hot or cold.