anyone getting leaner?

Options
I was told that if you keep your calories clean you can actually lean out while maintaining your weight. I understand this would be a very slow process. I was just wondering if anyone had experienced that.

Replies

• ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    if you check the bodybuilding forum, you should be able to find a lot of info on recomp.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    evilokc wrote: »
    I was told that if you keep your calories clean you can actually lean out while maintaining your weight. I understand this would be a very slow process. I was just wondering if anyone had experienced that.

That's not how it works. Look at the recomp thread. Tons of information
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Yes recomp works, it will be slow for some, fast for others - just like muscle building generally rates of progress are different depending on gender, lifting history, age, genetics, starting point and of course your lifting program.

There's no such thing as "clean calories" - calories are simply units of energy.
    There's no food off limits, everything you eat gets turned to puke and broken down to its constituents parts!

Yes an adequate healthy diet is important but recomp is just a normal process, your body reacting to stress of training and supported by that adequate diet. It's not special or unusual and doesn't need obsessive nurturing.
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

^^ yep -- another good thread from @usmcmp ... worked for me, and I'll get back there again for summer. (Profile pic -- I'm one pound heavier in the image on the right after about 18-months of recomp, and significantly leaner)