Step Trackers

Options
Attempted to use MapMyWalk to track steps while doing laps around my building and gave up because it was so woefully inaccurate. Are there trackers that work on a smaller scale of a building as opposed to a longer loop of city streets or am I SOL?

Replies

• Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I presume you are indoors walking your laps? MapMyWalk tracks using GPS, it doesn't work well inside. Most cell phones have a step tracker and you just have to turn it on. You could always get a FitBit. What are your goals?
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Yep. Indoors. Winter is coming to the midwest and I don't handle cold well.

Trying to lose that last 8 lbs to my initial goal and help keep depression at bay. (I notice my symptoms aren't quite as soul crushing if I get in some kind of movement. They are still definitely there but less eviscerating and more flaying kinda mental pain, if that helps)
  • PurpleCrazies
    PurpleCrazies Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I use a Garmin HR+. Really good for inside and outside use and very accurate as far as I can tell.
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I tend toward Apps since I don't have budget room to get something like a Fitbit.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I do know that iPhones or Samsungs have a health App and you can turn on the step counter. I am not sure about other phones, but I presume they are the same. You could always do workout videos on You Tube. Do a 30 minute workout and a bit of walking? Exercise definitely aids in keeping depression at bay. I wish you the best!!
  • pkweier
    pkweier Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I thought it was just me as I use map my walk. I have a Android phone guess I will have to find one for inside walking any suggestions
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    If you can't use your phone step tracker see if Runtastic's Pedometer is available for you. It works indoors.

Cheers, h.
  • pkweier
    pkweier Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Thanks middle