OK, so we're doing this...

Options
Hi, I'm Kim. 32, nearly 33. I've been a member of MFP for a while, but having had a rough few years, I've not had the focus to try and stick to a weight loss plan. I'm a carer in a residential home, and I think the biggest trigger to try and lose weight came after one of my residents asked about when I'd be going on maternity leave! (I've not been pregnant for nearly ten years - it wasn't a malicious comment, she genuinely believed I was pregnant.)

I am a huge comfort eater, and I know I need to break that cycle. Furthermore, I suffer from depression, which worsened after losing my brother earlier this year, which has lead to me having more and more days where I can't be bothered to cook something healthy, and settle instead for easy, or - on my worst days - take-away. Anyway. Enough rambling, Kim... -waves- Hi, again.

Replies

• SHEEZLUVLLY
    SHEEZLUVLLY Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim,

Yes I understand I am just getting back on track to. I am envisioning my new body and reconditioning my thoughts to stay positive on this journey. Sorry for your loss I have been there and food was not the answer for me it made things worse. Long walks with my headphones helped me out of depression and girls nights out kept me laughing. Sometimes I used to watch stand up comedy to keep my spirits up. Lets keep each other encouraged.