Mom to 5- adjust macros to get a 4-6 pack?

Options
Hey do I need to adjust macros and or get to a certain body fat to see abs? Just wondering if my stomach has abs lol or can get abs even after birthing 5 kiddos... any help or advice would be great.

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Abs are dependent on low enough BF% but genetics and muscle base as well. Loose skin can affect how much they are seen too. I am a mom of two, I have been lower BF a few times and while I looked pretty lean and had definition and a hint of abs, I never had a true 6-pack. I don't have the muscle base for them and probably never will. If it is really something you want, depending on your stats, lowering your bodyfat % - small deficit, adequate protein and progressive weight lifting. Alternatively, you can recomp. If you are already very lean and do not see abs, you can consider a bulk cycle to build them up. So really, it depends on your stats and where you are now
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    +1

I have been very lean in my teens, 20's and early to mid 30's and NEVER had a six-pack. Solid core and lean....just no six-pack. Genetics is not in my favor on this one. So, at 50 I am going for it! :smiley: