WANT TO ELIMATE EXCERSISE BOREDOM!

Options
Hello Fellow FitnessPal goers. My name is LC. I have been on the weight loss journey my entire life. This crazy roller coaster rides has to end. I just want to live a better healthier lifestyle and enjoy the benefits of losing weight. I tend to get bored doing the same ole routine. Walking, riding my bike, taking the dog to the dog beach. What are some other activities that have MOTIVATED YOU!

Replies

• yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I switch it up every day depending on my mood. I only do exercises that I enjoy and do whatever I want that day.
  • Beautifullymadetoday
    Beautifullymadetoday Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    dancing. Hang in there what the one upstairs starts he will finish.
    Remember God is not done with you yet.
  • JodiMMitchell
    JodiMMitchell Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have a usual program that I do. Right now I'm doing focus t25. Different DVD 's everyday! I also walk, bike as well. Love the challenge. Feel free to join me
  • willowdancer
    Options
    I found that, for me, its about mindset. I walk 30 minutes on the treadmill every day. Possibly one of the most boring things I subject myself to on a daily basis, UNTIL I decided to treat it like a 30 minute moving meditation, using the monotony to focus my mind and help me mentally align myself with my physical goals. Its turned into my favorite half hour of the day.
  • momasox
    momasox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I switch it up every day depending on my mood. I only do exercises that I enjoy and do whatever I want that day.

I do the same... I get bored so easy so I just wing it. Some days I do all cardio, some days a class, sometimes walking with the kids and dogs (well thats everyday). Other times I lift weights.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Set goals for yourself to keep moving forward in your routine- progression in your lifting, a faster or longer run, or one with more hills, etc. If you're always working towards a goal it won't get boring for a long time. Eventually you'll stall, which should be right about when you need a break.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    There are a TON of options out there. I like that you're getting outside. How about finding different walking routes? Walking a little further or a little faster each time - challenge yourself and make a game out of it. SAme thing for dog walks. How about taking doggie on a hike somewhere instead? Go exploring together!

Go to Youtube and search for different fitness videos so you can check them out and see which ones you might enjoy enough to purchase. Walk Away the Pounds, Hip Hop Abs, Zumba, 30 Day Shred to name a few.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Change it up ..... check out your library or Netfilx by mail for exercise DVDs. I had a Netflix subscription (several months) & got a new workout every week.

Do you have a Wii or XBox ..... try a fitness related video game. Redbox has a few to rent, a better option is a Family Video store.

Check out exercise on line: hulu.com has a health & fitness channel. Try a "new" piece of equipment .......grab a hula hoop (not the mini ones sold at dollar stores ..... too small for adults)

Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI1MNY77fdk
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Swimming, Walking, Elliptical, Zumba, Strength training, Weight lifting Rowing machine exercises, Standing bike exercises, Stair climber.

Once in a while I add Yoga and Masala Bhangara to that mix.
  • Courtney011691
    Options
    I find the gym incredibly boring. I bought a gym membership and never actually lose it. What I found works best for me is going outside for a walk or run (or bike ride if I had one). To keep things interesting I just take a different path each time. I always get to see new things and still get my exercise in. An added benefit - getting to check out all the different houses along the way. The town is pretty old so the houses are all interesting to look at. Every time I see something about a house I like I start planning my dream home in my head. It keeps me entertained and I don't even realize I'm exercising half the time.

On days that it rains and I don't go outside I like to do workout DVDs in my living room. I usually do Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. However, I can't stand listening to her voice so I just wrote down all the exercises and times on a piece of paper. Now I do all of them while watching a show on t.v.
  • Courtney011691
    Options

Do you have a Wii or XBox ..... try a fitness related video game. Redbox has a few to rent, a better option is a Family Video store.

This is so true! If you have a Wii try out the boxing game. I'm sure I'm doing it wrong but I'm always exhausted afterwards. I just punch and flail around the whole time.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of hiking. Being alone in nature really helps me center myself and RELAX plus is one heck of a workout. I also do Zumba a few times a week .The energy in the class and the music just make it so fun, you forget you're working out!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Try increasing intensity. If you're bored you're probably just mailing in your workout.
  • melindafritz
    Options
    walk
    turn on music and dance
    leslie sansone 1 mile walk on you tube
    2 mile walk
    3 mile walk

elliptical

kickball
  • melindafritz
    Options
    swimming
    zumba
  • blewis1350
    Options
    See if your local library has exercise videos, if you don't like them no money lost!
  • Janice2Shakira
    Options
    Belly dance !!! :-) There are plenty of starter videos on You Tube, and most classes are very friendly to all shapes and sizes.
  • dogladytwo
    dogladytwo Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Change it up ..... check out your library or Netfilx by mail for exercise DVDs. I had a Netflix subscription (several months) & got a new workout every week.

Check out exercise on line: hulu.com has a health & fitness channel. Try a "new" piece of equipment .......grab a hula hoop (not the mini ones sold at dollar stores ..... too small for adults)

Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI1MNY77fdk

Wii fit got me off the couch 2 years ago and I built up from there to running 5K's and losing a total of 90 pounds! NEVER thought this would be me. Start small and fun like Wii fit and then make a game of challenging yourself! (I just kept trying to beat my best scores on them for the first year, then I joined a gym when I maxed out) FUN, THINK FUN and good luck!
  • spottedkathy
    spottedkathy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I work out 3-4 times a week and never repeat what I do during the week so I know once I do the activite it is DONE for the week :) I rotate between stair master, treadmill, and swimming.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Having an audiobook I am only "allowed" to listen to during cardio (walking running bike riding) helps me to get my *kitten* in gear and go do it.