Cutting in theWiinter!

Options
Most people like to bulk during the winter since you’re bundled up with clothes anyway, but I’m in Florida and I️ want to look presentable year round! I was eating 3000 calories a day to put on muscle but I’m losing my abs since Ive been cheating with IIFYM. I’ve decided to go low fat (~70grams) while eating about 2500 calories a day with hiit 3-4 times a week. Anyone else sick of the whole winter bulk/summer cut??

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    not sure how the season effects my goals...is there a memo i never got?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I tend to bulk in the fall/winter but I don't go too crazy and still look pretty presentable the whole time (at least I think so anyhow!) ;)

What do you mean cheating with IIFYM? not FYM part?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I'm at the point of just maintaining to be happy with my physique year round...probably recomp-ish or slight surplus (like, minimal)

I'm not sure how you cheat on IIFYM either - unless you're just eating over your calorie goal?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I prefer to cut calories during the winter. Summer is my busiest and most stressful time at work and adding in a cut is just one more stressor.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I don't live to far from Florida, mild winters here, but the holidays are really 'the season' for me. When you get to the point in bulking where you you have bulked to where you can't stand your self anymore, its time to cut no matter the season.

eta: why such low fat on your cut?
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I’ve always found it easier to eat more in Summer. I’m outdoors doing a lot of hiking, running more, and love to BBQ.

Winter I want warm soups
  • Skyle33
    Skyle33 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Not really cheating but using iifym to eat fried foods and not worrying about nutritional value. I haven’t put on significant weight, I just have been falling off the train and need to get back to a healthy lifestyle