Nutrition and exercise tips for a broken foot?

Options
Vis_Viva
Vis_Viva Posts: 17 Member
On a jog the other day and hit a pothole and fractured my right foot (5th metatarsal).

Anyone have any tips on what's good to eat for healing bones? I hear drinking milk is actually a fairly inefficient way to get calcium into your system?

By the way I'm, not too worried about gaining a little (so don't worry about being TOO low-cal).

When it happened I was actually a tad below the minimum weight I like to be at (I set for myself). Generally loosing is NOT a problem and ever since I reached my goal and went on "maintenance" summer 2012 (started the program January 2nd 2012) going down lower than I wanted weight-wise is more of an issue than going up.

As far as exercise goes; that's it for biking, running swimming and elliptical for a month or two (the various things I do for cardio depending on weather). I'll keep doing upper-body strength (oh well I did want to work on my pecs a bit anyway). Generally I do strength (weights) 4/week and ~1/2 hour of cardio 8/week (which I do depends on the weather).

Anyone know a good upper-body cardio? My gym doesn't have anything. I might be able to set an exercise cycle we have at home to use with my hands. Though not true cardio I have found I DO tend to burn a lot of calories when I do drop-sets with weights (I wear a heart rate monitor and keep track of what I'm burning) so I figure it might be cardio-ISH (better than nothing and much more convenient than driving across town to a different gym).

If in the end I just end up being strength-centric for a month or two I suppose I could live with that. I know I'm fully capable of getting back to cardio