Green Smoothies

Options
Does anyone else incorporate "green smoothies" in their diet? What's your favorite? Or your opinion on them?

Replies

• SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I like shamrock milkshakes
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options

Me too.

With oreos on the side

mmm mmm
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options

Me too.

With oreos on the side

mmm mmm
    I love you both.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

Me too.

With oreos on the side

mmm mmm

on the side, or inside.

here's a recipe for one of my favorite green drinks:

Dead Grasshopper recipe
    1 part green creme de menthe
    1 part white creme de cacao
    1 part milk
    1 dash Aftershock® Hot & Cool cinnamon schnapps

Shake creme de menthe, creme de cacao and milk with ice cubes in a shaker. Pour into a cocktail glass and add a dash of aftershock. Do not stir.

YUM!
  • dedeethom
    dedeethom Posts: 10
    Options
    I love my green smoothies I have one every day for breakfast you cant taste the green at all. My favorite is spinach banana and strawberries with almond milk. I have had one every day for the last 7 months and know this has contributed to a lot of my weight loss!
  • SirBonerFart
    Options
    I love my green smoothies I have one every day for breakfast you cant taste the green at all. My favorite is spinach banana and strawberries with almond milk. I have had one every day for the last 7 months and know this has contributed to a lot of my weight loss!

How do you know that?
  • tracikearns
    tracikearns Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Shamrock shakes are pretty awesome! Especially if you order a half shamrock half chocolate ;)
    But I also really like green smoothies!

I use spinach, berries, pineapple and banana (I freeze all fruit) put it all in my ninja blender with a tablespoon of chia seeds and some water and its a yummy slushie!
  • dedeethom
    dedeethom Posts: 10
    Options
    QUOTE:

How do you know that?

Because i never ate breakfast before, and this helped me to not make bad choices durring the day kept me full until lunch so I dont snack on sugar foods! And Spinach has SO many GOOD natural things and I have lost ALL of my weight since starting my green smoothies without adding any EXTRA exercise all though i recently purchased a treadmill and have started working out now!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options

How do you know that?

Science

Always science man
  • SirBonerFart
    Options
    QUOTE:

How do you know that?

Because i never ate breakfast before, and this helped me to not make bad choices durring the day kept me full until lunch so I dont snack on sugar foods! And Spinach has SO many GOOD natural things and I have lost ALL of my weight since starting my green smoothies without adding any EXTRA exercise all though i recently purchased a treadmill and have started working out now!

You have eliminated any possible confounding factors to your weight loss?
  • kat_lifts
    kat_lifts Posts: 56
    Options

I feel the same way about my green smoothies and my weight loss. It also gave me energy and that energy help me to workout!
  • kat_lifts
    kat_lifts Posts: 56
    Options
    Shamrock shakes are pretty awesome! Especially if you order a half shamrock half chocolate ;)
    But I also really like green smoothies!

I use spinach, berries, pineapple and banana (I freeze all fruit) put it all in my ninja blender with a tablespoon of chia seeds and some water and its a yummy slushie!

Sounds so delicious! Pineapple always had such a great flavor to any green smoothie! Chia seeds are awesome too! :)
  • floristbyday
    floristbyday Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I usually do a mix of spinach, frozen fruit, banana, simply oj or simply lemonade, almond milk, and chia seeds. Vegan and tasty!
  • jgal86
    jgal86 Posts: 77
    Options
    I will do a green smoothie for a snack about twice a week.

My current favorite is:

-handfull of spinach
    -one kiwi
    -juice of one lime
    - 1/2 green apple
    -ice

It is like a sweet and sour slushie. UGH i love it
  • tolly_06
    tolly_06 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love my juicer!

Favorite Recipe:
    1 Red pepper
    2 Small oranges
    3-4 Carrots
    2-3 Strawberries
  • jandadelaney
    jandadelaney Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    But can you REALLY not taste the spinach in it?
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I love green smoothies. I have one several times a week. I usually put in coconut milk, spinach, parsley, celery, orange, greek yogurt, whey protein powder, and fresh chopped ginger. Delicious!
  • micqs
    micqs Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I LOVE peach mango smoothies!!!

Handful or two spinach, .5 c chopped mango and another of sliced peaches, two tbsp yogurt, 1 cup coconut milk or water, and I put in vanilla protein powder. But not necessary. Soooo yummy. Cannot taste the greens at all! Keeps me full up to lunch time.

Also really enjoy strawberry banana pb ones. Again same greens, .5 c sliced strawberries, .5 c sliced banana, 1 tbs pb, 2 tbs yogurt, same with liquids. Mmmmmmm delicious!!!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    But can you REALLY not taste the spinach in it?

Really, you can't taste the spinach. Spinach has no flavor when raw, it's when it's cooked that it takes on a flavor.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I love green smoothies and have them a few times per week.

Also, you can use leafy vegetables other than spinach if you'd like. I love spinach personally, but I get bored if I always use the same thing.