Newbie and want to lose 50lbs ... need friends

Options
Hello, I’m new here and still getting to know my way around. I’ve only lost 10 pounds b4 finding this app but I want to lose 40 -50 more. I’m over 40 which makes it harder but not impossible so I’m self motivated and focused. Looking for friends with similar goals. Possibly friends to share success moments with but also to hold me accountable at times. I’ll do the same if you accept.

Replies

• Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Enter your food diary daily and keep tracking your calories, try to do small exercises. Keep active yourself. All the best!! Feel free to add me

For a Starter check this link http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Hi - welcome - It's a little tougher when you get older but you can do it. We tend to slow down & spend more time on the couch. - Eastcoast Jim
  • anamariahanea
    anamariahanea Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello I want to lose around 50 lbs as well. I find it very hard...and i d love to find some friends to lose together! I m from Europe
  • thesoxwin
    thesoxwin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and just restarting the MFP . The little girl in my pic is a main reason. My 7 month old granddaughter. I want to see her grow up. I started this week, at 274lbs, and WILL lose at least 50lbs. {probably should lose closer to 70}
  • Kattarra
    Kattarra Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm almost 50 and want to lose around 50 lbs just started back with MFP today. Add me and we can do this together.
  • ReginasHorror
    ReginasHorror Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I have about 77lbs left to go. So let's do this.
  • nickpausa
    nickpausa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new here too and I have goal for 58 lb. Hoping to stick with my diet. Good luck on your goal.
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • vicabra
    vicabra Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! My goal is 5olb - we can all do this together!
  • gorditalindaz
    gorditalindaz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    10 pounds! that's great. I started out with 55 pounds to lose. now it's 46 left to lose. But my primary goal is to reverse my diabetes. The weight loss is necessary to accomplish that. I love using the food tracker. It counts all the calories and fat etc. If you stall you can review it to help figure out why. I do zumba because it's fun and I don't get bored. At our age using weight training is important as well. Not as much fun for me, but I try.