In Need Of Nutrition Help

Options
Hello!

I go to a trainer and working out is mainly my strong point, but the kitchen is the hardest thing for me. Three years ago I did really well with eating clean and lost 60 lbs and I ate as close to perfect as you could possibly get. However, I really am struggling with my depression right now and I just have no desire to cook what so ever. I know that I want to lose weight so badly and I try and I can be really great for like a few days but then I get whatever is the quickest and that's always the worst. Or I do eat really well but my portions are out of control. Anyway, I was thinking of doing Jenny Craig and when I googled it Nutrisystem also came up. I was wondering if anyone has used either of these, or something else, and if they had a preference? If you've tried it is it something that is worth the money? I really need something to get me going and this idea feels good right now especially with my schedule and the holidays coming up I just want something I can just grab and go. Thank you for taking the time out to read this :smile:

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    If cooking is just too much right now you can stock up on ready meals and bag salad. Scan the bar codes in. It can’t get much easier.

Prepared foods will be a little higher in sodium but other than that they will feed you.

It might not hurt to get a bag of prepared chicken breasts as well, for a little extra protein, yogurt single serves and frozen fruit.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I have been doing very simple, easy meals for the last month (I have a banged up shoulder & my husband can't cook).

Pre-made turkey or hamburger patties with a bag of steam in the bag veggies and rolls or baked potatoes or frozen dinners bulked up with extra veggies.

Cans of soup with extra veggies added work really well.

Canned turkey mixed with cranberry sauce and a little mayo makes a great turkey salad.

On the days you are up for it, cook stuff that can be frozen - soups, chili, etc.

There are frozen meals you can toss in the crock pot and just add your own meat.

Good luck!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    A simple sandwich is quick, portable and not unhealthy. Pair with a salad or fruit.
    Other quick portable foods-
    Frozen meals at any grocery store... many are around 300 calories, add some fruit of veggies if you like to bulk it out a bit
    Cottage cheese
    instant oatmeal
    Yogurt
    Cheese
    Vegetables and hummus
    Granola bar/protein bar
    Milk
    Nuts
    Cereal
    Bagged salad
    Broth based canned soups
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Both Jenny Craig and Nutrisystem have yuck food, in my opinion.

I have fifteen or twenty rotating meals I make at home in 30 minutes or less. They are delicious and they are prepared with fresh ingredients and to my taste. I don't even like restaurant food any more, unless it's something I can't make as well at home, like fish and chips.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    i really liked homechef when i tried it - but many of the recipes were rather complicated and i didn't have the energy for that most nights (gouge i've gotten from friends who do Blue Apron is similar)...

have you thought about crockpot meals or something like that - easy to make and you can do in bulk, so stuff is available for later/frozen
  • jennie0918
    jennie0918 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate all the feedback everyone has given me! I've read a lot of great ideas for easy meals and i'm going to attempt to use them in my diet. Thank you! <3