Ever feel like you're never happy w your weight?

I lost 60lbs last year and spent a few months feeling good about myself then I started seeing flaws again when I look in the mirror. I still need 30lbs off but I also realize I will never be done working towards a goal. If I could only get it together and back on track. I need my momentum back.

Replies

• Karliemyalgia
    Karliemyalgia Posts: 146 Member
    I think you need to think about what you're choosing to see in the mirror, think positively about yourself and how far you have come! Get back up on wagon and keep on going, you may feel unhappy with your weight now but it's not forever, trust me. You have the desire, just keep on going and you will get there. You need to lose 50% LESS than you did the first time around! YOU'RE A ROCKSTAR GIRL!
  • brianna3152
    brianna3152 Posts: 10 Member
    edited November 2017
    I had a somewhat similar situation. In 2013-2014 I lost 83 lbs. For some reason, I thought finally not being a "fat girl" would change my life drastically - I thought others would treat me differently, I thought I would feel differently. However, aside from wearing a smaller size and liking how I looked in pictures a little more, I still felt like ME and I when I looked in a mirror, my body still looked the same (to me). So, I stopped caring what I ate and gained it all back :( Now I am having health issues that weight loss would essentially "cure," and I have to lose the 80 lbs again! :(

All in all, I agree: It's going to be a continual "working towards" thing. But don't ever give up on being healthy! :) And, there will always be bad (and good) days.
  • Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    Thank you. I'm glad there's ppl out there that understand :)
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    I think if you look for flaws you'll find them.
  • Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    I think you are right. Nobody is perfect
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    I’m always aiming for 121. I get there, then gain back 20# and start over. I’ve done that my whole life. This time around I’m trying to stay between 121-127. I’m at 129. Even at 121 I see places that are “fat”. But I get gaunt in the face if I go below that, and need to go down a pants size, which I don’t want to do. Pick a range that’s “good enough” and work on staying there. Even a big range, if it will help keep you from gaining back a lot of weight. I’m 5’2” and with a 7# range I can lose weight, then gain some, and so on. I want to have fun, eat out with friends, etc.
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Yep. My initial goal is 140 but I am more then ready to go as far as 115-120 if I don't like how I look at point.

Tbh, I still don't like my body after almost 30 lbs lost. I still look fat, I still have all the loose skin and stretch marks and general ugliness.