2»

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    lalee115 wrote: »
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    lalee115 wrote: »
    What is your calorie deficit at the end of each day?

Typically between 150 and 200 a day under my goal of 1660. Sometimes less. Sometimes more.

is that 1660 net or gross. (pre or post exercise)

Before exercise. I tell MFP I am sedentary and that I don't plan to exercise. I also don't log my exercise, as I don't plan to eat it back. At least not yet. Maybe as I work up to more strenuous exercise.

If you aren't eating back your exercise calories (which you should eat at least 50% of them) try to hit goal at least...

When I started I got 1460 +exercise calories (usually ended up at 1600) and I ate all my exercise calories plus up to the 1460 and I lost the 1lb a week.

Remember that food is fuel for exercise...sort of like gas in the car.

You fill your tank and drive it so you use 1/2tank. Put 1/4 in...drive another 1/2 tank put another 1/4 in ...you are eventually going to "run out of gas" and be stuck.

Remember your goal should be to eat as much food as you can and still lose the weight you want...not as little and lose it fast.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    What is your calorie deficit at the end of each day? Also if you are trying to lose weight then on the weekends you shouldn't be eating to maintain. Always have a calorie deficit. Since I've been eating right and weight lifting I've only been weighed once and that was about a month ago because I went to the doctors for an wellness exam. Other than that I have been using my clothes and the mirror as my way to gauge how much I'm losing. Three weeks ago I even bought a pair of khaki shorts (on clearance) two sizes to small just to see how they fit... and they fit.

There is absolutely no reason why someone trying to lose weight shouldn't eat at maintenance one or two days a week. The only negative effect is that you will lose weight less quickly than if you were in a deficit every day (and you might introduce additional water fluctuations depending on what you're eating, but for real people, those don't matter). In fact, there's some evidence that regular maintenance breaks actually help you lose weight in the long run - see the recent thread on refeeds and diet breaks in this forum. Anecdotally, I have lost over 35 pounds since January of this year and eat at or above maintenance 6-8 times a month.