Intermittent Fasting

Options
Sounds a lot like binge eating to me.

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Umm... not really? IF can be as simple as skipping breakfast in favour of a slightly larger lunch and dinner. How is that bingeing?
  • toddandwendy3
    toddandwendy3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I IF every night while sleeping.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    It's not, but you can believe whatever you want
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I do IF, it's merely a way to control calories, not a diet.

Unsure of the meaning of your post...
  • KeithWhiteJr
    KeithWhiteJr Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Isa_Bbott wrote: »
    Sounds a lot like binge eating to me.

How so?
  • hughjazz74
    hughjazz74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Funny, I'm a former binge eater and IF was an easy transition.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Some people might think one meal a day is binging but if you have ever had a clinical or ED binge you'd know it doesn't meet the criteria
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I eat 2-3 meals in a smaller time window. They fit my calories. If I ate one earlier to increase my eating window, I still eat the same food in, just over a longer period of time. How is that binging?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Some people might think one meal a day is binging but if you have ever had a clinical or ED binge you'd know it doesn't meet the criteria

As someone who had previous issues with actual BED and anorexia I can tell you straight up that binge eating and intermittent fasting are NOT the same thing. IF is simply a way to control calories and hunger levels while eating in a calorie deficit. The major factor is the mindset.

What I will contend, however, if that if you've ever had problems with binge eating IF is probably not for you. I have tried different variations of IF (5/2, 16/8, 20/4, etc.) and I definitely started to develop that unhealthy binge/restrict mindset again. But this is obviously a personal issue and not the same for everyone.