Fell off the wagon

Options
How do you keep self restraint when on a diet? What do you do when you relapse and devour everything in sight? I was told if you have a flat tire you don't slash the other 3 you just try again

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Log it, move on, determine the reasons why it happened (stress? overrestriction of calories/foods?) and change things to prevent it from happening again.
  • BrianJohnson2015
    BrianJohnson2015 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good advice definitely could be over restriction of calories and lack of fiber! Will definitely keep better track
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Don't go on a diet. To lose weight, you just have to eat a little less.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    dont have a diet. make what you want to eat fit into your calories.

i have chocolate just about every day.

if i want pizza or a burger or cake or beer ... i make it fit. maybe i get in an extra workout. maybe i cut from the next couple of days. maybe i just suck it up and be over (its not the end of the world). but i DONT vilify ANY food.

except kale.

cause thats gross.

;)
  • olive1968
    olive1968 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    For me it was absolutely over restriction and not really getting more movement into my daily routine. I upped my daily calories that I eat, increased my daily step count and am much happier. The scale is moving slowly but that is the way it is going to work for me.

If it is really binge eating, there is a podcast and book called Brain over Binge. It really, really helped me.