Focus T25

Options
2»

Replies

• EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    To me, a beginner implies not being fit. I would not recommend this T25 to someone who doesn't have a moderate level of fitness. I'd be concerned that they would quit in frustration, and I'd hate for that to happen. I'm also concerned that they would hurt themselves. I usually recommend the original P90, but modify it so each phase is only 4 weeks instead of 6. Then move on to Insanity or T25 or something like that.
  • ToughChik1975
    Options
    Mine just arrived yesterday and I am going to start August 5th. The calendar is on the wall. I know, from reading, that I could definitely use the support and motivation. Please add me as a friend if you are willing to be part of that support system. LOL
  • Zhivago42
    Options
    I have just started this program a couple weeks ago (today was the beginning of week 3), and I am a little over 400 lbs at the moment. This program is absolutely fantastic, and I feel pretty amazing already.....I've even begun doing some of the un-modified moves here and there. (I do not sell this product, nor did I mean for this to sound like an infomercial or anything heh, I'm just saying....its working great for me). As far as the scale goes, I have only gone down in weight maybe 6 lbs, but I've already also dropped to the next lower size of pants and I feel stronger, though to be honest, I was doing step aerobics daily for a couple weeks right before I started this Focus T25 thing.

I'm curious if anyone doing this program has any ideas on how to record this exercise here at myfitnesspal.com. Anyone?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I've been recording it as circuit training. However, in other threads people have reported lots of variations in their calorie burn during the workouts, so the most accurate way would be to use a HRM and log those calories. I'm hoping to get one soon so I don't end up going over when I eat my calories back.
  • AudreyKitsi
    Options
    Can you do t25 on carpet or do you need a sports mat or something?
  • lijsda1
    lijsda1 Posts: 169
    Options
    [/quote/]

For most of the workouts you can do it on any surface but for the Ab workouts you need the mini mat or a yoga mat because you are on the floor a lot.
  • kbitikofer
    kbitikofer Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I are getting ready to start wk 2 on monday! We love it! It is definitely challenging!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

You can do it on carpet, you may want a yoga mat for the ab work. The mat basically is just for cushioning, so if you have really soft carpet you could easily skip it, and honestly, a towel would probably work just fine.

I will say that once you get into the beta phase there are some twisting moves that are a bit difficult to do on carpet. I ended up not keeping up with the crew on those because it took a little extra time to pick up and readjust my feet so I didn't tear up the carpet.
  • Needachange84
    Needachange84 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Does t25 include the same type of jumping that insanity has?
  • PDarrall
    PDarrall Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    It does have jumping, but it also has a modifier which removes all jumping which Insanity does not have.
  • AudreyKitsi
    Options
    Okay, thanks. I just ordered it so I should get it by the end of next wk. I looked at several programs , but seeing all of the comments here really pushed me to get this one.
  • kirstydee07
    Options
    anyone want to buy an extra copy of t25? inbox me.