Anyone else get a pending charge from MFP for no reason?

Options
WraithTDK
WraithTDK Posts: 23 Member
This is so frustrating. Monday I logged into my bank and found a charge for $49.99 from MFP. I didn't order premium, so I have no idea why. I contacted support, and they say they have no record of charging my account, and to "just wait a few days and it should fall off." Yea, great; except you've got fifty bucks of my money tied up for no reason. Three days later, the charge is still there. Note that it's still in "pending" and my account isn't premium. WTH is this?

Anyone else get this issue?

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    I don't but I'm wondering if you even ever gave them your bank account/credit card number? If not, perhaps its a fraudulent charge?
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Yeah, how would they have your account information?
  • WraithTDK
    Options
    Oh that's no concern, my card is on file; I used to have premium. I'm not worried about how they did it. I'm just irked that they did it. I have placed a claim with my bank disputing the charge. I don't think it's just someone else charging on my account; because I feel like if it was just a regular premium purchase, it would have gone through by now. The fact that it's just been hanging there in pending transactions makes me think it was an automated charge that got screwed up somewhere down the pipe.
  • WraithTDK
    Options
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    You are being scammed and not this place but a hacker .

Highly unlikely. I see no mechanism here. What's the attack vector? My bank or my account? If he hacked my bank account, I hardly think his grand scheme would be fifty bucks disguised as an MFP charge that never goes throug. If he hacked my MFP account, and then placed an order, there would be a record of said order in MFP's system; and more importantly, the charge would have cleared.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    So it sounds like you're ok with everything.

When does Judge Wopner come on?
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    MFP knows that you miss the amazing perks of being a Premium member so they went ahead and took that first step for you to show how much they care. If it were me I'd personally thank them by asking them to go ahead and tack on another $10 as a tip for providing such an amazing service to you.
  • MissyCHF
    MissyCHF Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Ask your bank where the money went out of your account.
  • WraithTDK
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    MFP knows that you miss the amazing perks of being a Premium member so they went ahead and took that first step for you to show how much they care. If it were me I'd personally thank them by asking them to go ahead and tack on another $10 as a tip for providing such an amazing service to you.

Yea, here's the crazy thing - I probably wouldn't be pissed if it actually went through and gave me premium. I've been meaning to re-up anyway. This is KEEPING me from subbing.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    WraithTDK wrote: »
    Caporegiem wrote: »

Yea, here's the crazy thing - I probably wouldn't be pissed if it actually went through and gave me premium. I've been meaning to re-up anyway. This is KEEPING me from subbing.

Oh are you a substitute teacher?