Sugar consumption

Options
hs1744
hs1744 Posts: 6 Member
edited November 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm a teenager eating around 2400 calories a day, but I'm a little concerned about my sugar intake. People say added sugars should be less than 10% of your daily calories which is 24 grams for me, but I'm eating more than that, usually around 20-40 grams per day. I eat a pretty healthy diet, usually vegan, and a lot of the sugar comes from a glass of chocolate almond milk that I have to drink for the calcium. I do have a big sweet tooth, though. I'm wondering if my daily calories are in check, how concerned about sugar should I be? Do you think I have too much of it? By the way, I'm not trying to lose weight.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,880 Member
    Options
    If your overall nutrition is good, and you don't have a medical reason to limit sugar, it shouldn't be a problem.

And if you're under 18, you're not supposed to be here - terms of service, and all that. :)
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Myfitnesspal is for users 18+. If you have concerns and you are under 18, please consult your doctor. At young ages issues and concerns with food should be shared with an adult/doctor.
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    10% of 2400 = 240 calories from sugar

240 calories of sugar = 60 grams of sugar

You’re already under your “limit”.