What Does Hungry Feel Like?

Options
Crazy as this sounds, I think I've forgotten what hungry feels like. I know that miserable low blood sugar, "I'm gonna naw off someone's arm" feeling. That's hunger gone too far.

But what about that slightly burning discomfort in my stomach? Is that hunger?

Is it when my mouth is watering for nothing in particular?

Too much mindless snacking has caused me to forget how to tell when I'm truly hungry.

Replies

• sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I can't help you with it, but can certainly empathize because I am the same way. I've been eating just to eat for many years, not even caring if I was hungry or not. As a child my parents forced me to eat, and as an adult I continued with it because it gave me comfort- I made three meals a day because I thought my kids and husband had to have three meals a day, and I made gooey sweet treats like cookies, cakes and fudge because I thought that was what good wives and mothers did. I've gained 130 pounds over the last 17 years doing this, so I too have to learn what hunger feels like. Good luck on your journey.:smile:
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Oh I know that feeling.

My stomach burns a lot thesedays and I can't even tell where it is exactly. Is it my stomach? Is it my abdomen? Am I hungry or just sore? Why would I be sore? Am I constipated? When the HELL did I last go?

Etc etc. I have no idea what hungry feels like at the moment, myself. I get sugar cravings at night however. Thats the only time I know for sure I should refuel on something.