Anyone use MFP to gain weight?

Options
jbgolf52
jbgolf52 Posts: 210 Member
I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm using MFP to gain weight. I'm 24yrs old, male, 5'10, 132lbs, and want to get to around 155-160lbs; eventually. Anyone else trying to gain weight or have gained weight successfully using MFP? How do you find the drive to eat when you are stuffed and bloated? I suffer from a stomach disease called gastroparesis, which makes it incredibly hard to eat at times. I used various online calculators and through trial and error my BMR is around 1,730 or so. I try to average 2,200 cals everyday for bulking but can need consistently do it due to my stomach.

If people who are in the process of bulking up or have already done it could provide some tips to make gaining easier that'd be great. Before people start saying drink your calories, I can't do gluten or milk or blended shakes, just protein shakes with water and powder, so that limits how much I can get down via liquids. And I am workin out 3x/week with compound lifts so I have that part down.

Replies

• khannickwechanged
    khannickwechanged Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Try eating more calorie-dense foods so you won't necessarily be eating more quantity-wise, but you're getting more bang for your calorie buck. Put peanut butter on your bananas, nuts or flaxseed in your oatmeal, snack on trail mix and dried fruit, add avocado and cheese to salads or sandwiches, gluten-free pasta, granola, dark chocolate, beans, sweet potatoes, protein bars, red meat.
  • CathOh
    CathOh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I actually joined MFP in an effort to gain weight as well (or at least not to lose any). I'm an endurance athlete and I want to increase my distances, but the last time I did that, I lost weight, and now I don't have weight to spare. I don't have any issues eating, though - I love food, and in the past when I upped my distances, I was happy to add in cheesecake and large portions of anything and everything, but now I'd like to do it with healthier foods and the occasional treats, and possibly with less meat.

I second all the suggestions that khannick already provided. Good luck!
  • jbgolf52
    jbgolf52 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. Nice list there khannick, very helpful. Cathoh, I do include ice cream some times, but I enjoy eating healthy a bit too much, I should probably include less healthy things to help get my cals up some days.