• MissyCHF
    MissyCHF Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    MFP.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    just mfp.

tried everything under the sun and good old calorie counting and exercise works best for me
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    MFP is all thats needed anyone using more thn one thing is over-complicating and i find tend to be newer. Like, using C25k or weight trend apps are fine but double dipping and using MFP and another weight loss program site or something is just so unnecessary.

I think there are certain specific situations where someone using more than one website/app isn't over-complicating things.

For example, some vegans may be particularly interested in tracking specific amino acids (at least for a period of time) and that's a feature that MFP doesn't offer (but other nutritional tracking websites do). There are probably other lifestyles (or maybe medical conditions) that would make additional tracking worthwhile.

I don't think anyone should use another website/app if it seems burdensome to them or like too much complication, but if it works for someone, why not?

Thats true but by that logic they could just use that website. For tracking calories/food its super unnecessary to use multiple different sites for that was my point since the OP asked
    Jeckia wrote: »
    I'm looking for some input. Besides my fitness pal do you use anything else to keep track of your food intake? Like weight watchers, Samsung Health, Apple Health ( Not sure if that's what it's called. I don't own anything apple)

I'm just trying to find my best options.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. :smiley:

The rest of my post was just agreeing that additional apps can be useful but for food tracking you only really need one place

• runnergirl0721
    runnergirl0721 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I use MFP and my iWatch to track everything. But thats all.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I actually started tracking here in addition to the other site because people started asking what I eat and sending me friend requests. I appreciate their support and acknowledgment, and since I'm not working full time right now I have the time. But yes, for anyone that finds it burdensome, I agree that the important thing is to track what you eat, and not do extra things that lower your compliance with your nutrition and exercise plan

I want to add that it can be useful to have my plan and what I actually ate right in front of me to compare before I update the other site. It helps when I tweak my plan for next week.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    MFP is all thats needed anyone using more thn one thing is over-complicating and i find tend to be newer. Like, using C25k or weight trend apps are fine but double dipping and using MFP and another weight loss program site or something is just so unnecessary.

I think there are certain specific situations where someone using more than one website/app isn't over-complicating things.

For example, some vegans may be particularly interested in tracking specific amino acids (at least for a period of time) and that's a feature that MFP doesn't offer (but other nutritional tracking websites do). There are probably other lifestyles (or maybe medical conditions) that would make additional tracking worthwhile.

I don't think anyone should use another website/app if it seems burdensome to them or like too much complication, but if it works for someone, why not?

Thats true but by that logic they could just use that website. For tracking calories/food its super unnecessary to use multiple different sites for that was my point since the OP asked
    I'm looking for some input. Besides my fitness pal do you use anything else to keep track of your food intake? Like weight watchers, Samsung Health, Apple Health ( Not sure if that's what it's called. I don't own anything apple)

The rest of my post was just agreeing that additional apps can be useful but for food tracking you only really need one place

The other website I use has features that this one doesn't, but this one also has features that the other doesn't.

Again, I'm not arguing that anyone else *should* track two places, I'm just saying that tracking two places isn't necessarily an over-complication for everyone. You said that "MFP is all thats needed" and that isn't true for every situation.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Just MFP
    Reached my goal in 2011, maintenance since then.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Food tracking I do just on MFP. Sometimes I will search for calories in something elsewhere because it seems off or there are multiple entries that are significantly different.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options

The other website I use has features that this one doesn't, but this one also has features that the other doesn't.

Again, I'm not arguing that anyone else *should* track two places, I'm just saying that tracking two places isn't necessarily an over-complication for everyone. You said that "MFP is all thats needed" and that isn't true for every situation.

Fair :) Not trying to argue either lol
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    I'm a belt-and-suspenders kind of person. I plan to keep this weight off forever and it comforts me to know that I have my records in two different formats in two different places.
  • mishelnkiki1
    mishelnkiki1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Samsung Health has me eating less calories and exercising way more. I tried it for one day and haven't used it since. MFP all the way!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    I just use MFP for actual tracking.

I use the USDA nutrient database, restaurant and food manufacturers' websites, and a couple of beer-calorie-calculating websites to double check entries for food that doesn't come with a label.

I use a pedometer that doesn't have Internet connectivity, mostly just as a motivational device (not really as a way to calculate exercise burns).

I use a food scale and a scale to weigh me. Very infrequently I use a tape measure or a camera for progress pics.

That's it.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I used to be on Weight Watchers, then started double tracking on their app and here. When I saw I was eating beyond my needs on their plan I kept the structure but now only log my food here.

I use Libra to log my weight and the following fitness apps: Stronglifts 5x5, C210K, Running for Weight Loss (Sprint intervals), Jefit (bodybuilding). I also have a Fitbit.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,691 Member
    Options
    I use Running Ahead to log my exercise and MFP to track my food, though I also log exercise so I can get the calories. I used to use Fitday, a few years ago. I like the way they report daily and weekly nutrients much better than here, but logging food was slower and more awkward so I would get fed up with it and stop logging.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I only log on here for the discussion groups. I log my food and recipes at at different CICO based website (Lose It!) because it is easier/more user friendly for me personally than those same features here. I log my weight on a rolling average excel spreadsheet I found years ago online.
  • newheavensearth
    Options
    I only log on here for the discussion groups. I log my food and recipes at at different CICO based website (Lose It!) because it is easier/more user friendly for me personally than those same features here. I log my weight on a rolling average excel spreadsheet I found years ago online.

I find Lose It easier also. At one point when this site got too glitchy I logged there and took my total and pout it here as a quick add. I lost faster too for done strange reason.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I sometimes use another calorie counting tool just to get a snapshot of my nutrition (it provides more detail than mfp, but at the cost of having a very small database mostly limited to whole foods).
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    MossiO wrote: »
    For apps, I use MFP, Fitbit, C25k, Libra, Runkeeper, Beachbody on Demand, Simple Notes Calendar (to track all workouts), and Walk to Mordor cause it's fun. And Reddit /r/loseit.

Surely this is too much.
  • newheavensearth
    Options
    1200isplenty on Reddit is good for getting ideas on volume eating and stretching calories. I get 1360 so its 1200 plus an extra mini meal or snack. Some of those people are pretty creative and resourceful.