Craving something sweet

2»

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Can I just say.. that I am a milk chocolate eater.. but if I was the old me and thought the way to weight loss and a healthier life style was not eating sweets and someone offered me dark chocolate.. which is the most vile edible chocolate ever.. I would throat punch.. just sayin. I know no one cares. Lol

I literally just dipped frozen peanutbutter in melted butterscotch chocolate chips refroze and ate it as a peanutbuttery butterscotch fudgey bar. Glorious just saying. If my mind my options were dark chocolate or the butterscotch chips i had. Obvious choice.
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    I use Stevia when I can since it is not artificial, but settle for Sucralose on diet desserts like pudding, ice cream, and Jello parfaits. My new favorite addiction...Breyers Carb Smart fudge bars only 70 calories and lots of fiber so low carb.
  • Pamylovessss
    Pamylovessss Posts: 1 Member
    Peanut butter
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    search 'Chocolate dessert substitutes' thread in Recipes...lots of ideas there.
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Just ate my snickers almond for 230
    Cals. I️ save calories for my sweet tooth
  • demortae
    demortae Posts: 7 Member
    Maybe a slice of chocolate cake?

Seems obvious to me.

OP why wouldn't you have a little cake if that's what you're craving? You gotta learn how to incorporate stuff you love if you hope to succeed long term.

Wasn't specifically cake I wanted, I was just using it as an example. I know it's fine to have a treat once in a while, but it tends to leave me craving more junk food. I was more or less looking to see what others have as a budget friendly treat, perhaps something I wouldn't have thought of.
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    I eat sugar free desserts every night and really look forward to them. My favorites are chocolate ice cream (I like Breyer's Carb Smart fudge bars), chocolate pudding, & Jello parfaits. I use Stevia in baking and other recipes that ask for sugar. I prefer it because it is from a plant instead of a lab, but I use some Sucralose also.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    demortae wrote: »
    Maybe a slice of chocolate cake?

Seems obvious to me.

OP why wouldn't you have a little cake if that's what you're craving? You gotta learn how to incorporate stuff you love if you hope to succeed long term.

Wasn't specifically cake I wanted, I was just using it as an example. I know it's fine to have a treat once in a while, but it tends to leave me craving more junk food. I was more or less looking to see what others have as a budget friendly treat, perhaps something I wouldn't have thought of.

The food pyramid incorporates 10-20% of treats.

Deprivation diets don't work.

Sure, a healthy diet doesn't mean you can eat everything you crave. Doesn't mean you can't use a craving as a menu item in a calorie amount you can afford.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    I love these. 10 calories each, sugar-free, no artificial sweeteners, AND they help clean your teeth!
    71y5QcmmCRL._SL1347_.jpg
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Can I just say.. that I am a milk chocolate eater.. but if I was the old me and thought the way to weight loss and a healthier life style was not eating sweets and someone offered me dark chocolate.. which is the most vile edible chocolate ever.. I would throat punch.. just sayin. I know no one cares. Lol

Different strokes... I love dark chocolate and will always choose it over milk chocolate. I think it's the mix of sweet and bitter.
  • deadenddiva
    deadenddiva Posts: 50 Member
    I get little bottles of food flavorings to put in my coffee - vanilla, maple, rum, hazelnut, coconut, almond, peppermint. A couple of drops, a little nonfat milk, a packet of stevia. Tastes like a coffee shop drink that has hundreds more calories. After you've trained your taste bud off of pure sugar, treats like this are very satisfying. Hey, after a few months, even tofu tastes delicious, IMHO.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,169 Member
    Ritter Sport chocolate squares!! Small serving of yummy chocolate for about 50-80 calories. Cut yourself some slack, just plan for a treat every once in awhile, log the calories and stay within that day's allowance. Easy-peasy!
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    I love a frozen banana cut up with a drizzle of dark chocolate. I also love some strawberries with a tiny bit of sugar and whipped cream. When I crave chocolate, which isnt often, I eat some very dark chocolate or one very rich truffle which is enough to satisfy my craving. Keeping control of my savory cravings is much harder than sweet. It is hard for me to eat just a few chips and dip when I want half the bag so I just avoid them entirely.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    demortae wrote: »
    So, I'm 2 weeks in, and I have lost 10bs (yay me, even if it was the initial water shed). But, today I'm REALLY craving something sweet. Like I could chew your arm off for a slice of chocolate cake. Any suggestions for something that might satisfy the craving without throwing myself into a big pool of regret?

I have a little something sweet pretty much daily...I do not live in some pool of regret...it's not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things unless you're just going off the rails....

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/04/opinion/sunday/relax-you-dont-need-to-eat-clean.html?rref=collection/sectioncollection/food&action=click&contentCollection=dining&region=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=10&pgtype=sectionfront
  • williemays55
    williemays55 Posts: 1 Member
    Banana "ice cream" with a tablespoon of cocoa powder and a teaspoon of vanilla - just keep blending the bananas and you will have amazing soft serve - or put in the freezer for 30 min and you will have perfect chocolate ice cream