Is a 111 bpm heart rate too high? And are Apple Watched trustable?

Options
2»

Replies

• kev1nn
    kev1nn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I personally would not worry about this, the way you wear the device makes a huge difference to the results check the manual to get the correct position.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    the healthy resting heart rate between 60 and 100 is based on RESTING heart rate.

this is even more accurate if you take it first thing in the morning within 5-10 minutes of waking. If you can't do it first thing in the morning it should be taken after a COMPLETE 15 minute rest.

Your heart rate is nothing to worry about if you were standing up, walking around, etc. As someone else said above anxiety and stress (even from watching a scary movie) can temporarily raise your heart rate.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Also, I’m not an adult.. I’m only 18.

Being 18 means you are an adult with all the responsibilities that come with it.

What an american thing to say. lol
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    To put things in perspective you are 11bpm above the top of a normal heart rate. That could be accounts for by various things since you were not measuring while completely resting, and those numbers are resting heart rates. Something as simply as standing, being fatigued, having a bad night's sleep, and the list goes on could account for that. If you want a good measure, as others have stated either first thing in the morning or after sitting in a relaxing position for at least 15 minutes.

In terms of what to do to lower it. Lose weight if you are over weight and exercise, especially cardio, over time will bring it down for most people.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Fflpnari wrote: »
    a true resting heartrate of 111 is considered tachycardic. Do you drink a lot of caffiene or eat/drink a lot of sugar? have you just eaten? A lot of factors influence heartrate.

Caffeine doesn't always raise one's heart rate. I drink a lot of coffee in the morning but be reading Heart rate airing in my office choir is below 60. It does get up to 110 unless I'm swimming. 140 during sprint laps.
    I would agree that a resting HR of 110 could be problematic. He doctor should be addressing this.