Is drinking a gallon of water a day healthy?

Options
13»

Replies

• perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    ptrcmcc6 wrote: »
    COGypsy wrote: »
    I typically drink about a gallon most days--a liter or so at the gym, another liter or so through the day at the office and a couple at night. I couldn't chug it all at once, but it doesn't seem like a particularly excessive amount for me. I rarely even wake up in the night to use the restroom.

Wow!! You're lucky.......lol. If I drank anything even close to that I'd be in/out the bathroom all day.......lol.

me too!

I would think it would depend on the person whether or not they can drink a gallon of water. There's no way I could do it. It also would need to be spread out for sure throughout a 24 hour period of time.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    So, if you didn’t already know there’s this huge drink a gallon of water a day stuff going around. My friend did it one day and I’m just like there is no way that can be healthy... or is it?

Just stay hydrated. The amount of water I drink in a given day isn't some arbitrarily set figure...it's based on whether I'm hydrated or not. I typically drink more water in the summer when I'm sweating a lot more and less in the winter when I'm not sweating as much.