8fit app and logging exercise

Options
Hi everyone. I’ve been using MFP for about 3 months but I’m only just adding exercise other than step tracking. I’ve done 3 days of home workouts through the 8fit app. They are 10-15 minutes high intensity full body workouts with lots of squats, leg lifts, lunges, etc. The app gives calories burned for each workout which seem really high to me. Today it was 335 calories for 15 minutes. The problem is, I can’t get it to sync with Apple Health and MFP. Since it’s not logging I’m not sure if I should manually log it and if so what as?
And should I eat back any of those calories or just count them as bonus? FWIW I can feel my heart rate go up but I’m not really out of breath, just sore. Reminds me of how I feel doing pilates. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    The calorie burn will depend on how heavy and in shape you are but yeah, I'd bet money that those cals are way high. You can log it as cardio/circuit training on MFP but I'm telling you now it will also likely give you an excessive number. You could get closer with a heart rate monitor. The only way to gauge without is to eat some of them each day and see what your weight does over time.

Obligatory pedantry: if you're not out of breath and it feels like pilates, it ain't HIIT.
  • Boot1973
    Boot1973 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

“Obligatory pedantry: if you're not out of breath and it feels like pilates, it ain't HIIT.”

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, it’s definitely not painful but I presume it will get harder and it’s doing something judging by my sore limbs. Just not 335 calories of something. I think I will ignore for now as I’ve hit a weight stall and don’t want to eat back anything I haven’t earned.

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I just started using it, and I don't trust those calories at all. I'll get into some of my running calories (MapMyRun ) if I need them, but I'm not bothering with 8fit calories.