Help! I’ve had a nearly three week binge

Options
Hey, so I’ve been eating at least 2000+ cals a day since the middle of October because of Halloween and stress and I also just took a two week break off of running. I weighed myself a week ago and I had gained about 5 lbs and I’m too afraid to weight myself again this week. I want to break my addiction to sugar and crap that I now have from this long binge. I know the holidays are coming up, but how do I get back on dieting track?? Cold turkey? ( pun intended) or slowly and steadily?

Replies

• Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    This time of year is the hardest. Weather is cold and everyone offers each other junk food. Keep calm and get back on track. Guilt is counterproductive. Find something new and fun to do for exercise. I, for example, am going to join a spinning class.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Just try your best. I've had the same kind of two weeks. Eating a lot, not working out as much. It's a tough time of the year. I'm going to stagger through the holidays, stay away from the scale and get back on board in January. I'm not going to go crazy, but I'm not going to beat myself up about it either.
  • asviles
    asviles Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Remember these simple words. "I am in complete control of my choices at all times." When you reach for the snacks, make sure that it is a premeditated decision. Don't deny yourself, just try to work it into your calorie goals. The rest of it will work itself out from there. Do not pretend like you did not choose the treats, instead just be louder in your own mind when you do it. You know what the right decision is, just recognize that it is always a decision, no one can make you do it but you. "I am in complete control of my choices at all times."
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    What is done is done and dont look back. Always look forward. Posting it here means you are aware so now you need to do what you have to, to get back on track.

Like when you trip and either fall down or catch yourself before you fall down. Do you keep tripping over and over? Nope you pick yourself up, hope no one seen you ;-) and keep on going.
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Keep moving forward! Tomorrow is a new day. It may feel as miserable as first starting, but you will be moving forward. And you will feel so much better about yourself. Even if it's not a "perfect" eating day, a step in the right direction will do wonders for your self esteem and you'll be back on course in no time. You can do this!
  • karennolan100
    karennolan100 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    gmc685 wrote: »
    Hey!
    First of all, don’t beat yourself up for going off the path. Life is not a straight line and neither is fitness! Start up tomorrow by cooking something healthy and moving your body just a bit. For the first day or so be less conscious of the calories and more conscious of the nutrition. It’s not a race, it’s a marathon, and you’ve got to put little steps together to make your path! You can totally do this! Good luck :)

• karennolan100
    karennolan100 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great advice. Change your mindset and healthy eating will follow. If you did it before you can do it again.
  • curiousgp
    curiousgp Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Step up and get back on track - every day is a new day.....every hours is a new hour.