Sauna and steam showers

Options
Any one that using these? How often and what benefits do you see?!

Replies

• butlermichelle871
    Options
    I use both at least 3 times a week. Steam is great for opening all the pores up and clearing the airways.
    Sauna is my favourite just remember to drink lots of water. I love a good stretch in the sauna after a workout also warms me up to the bone and stops a lot of aches and pains especially in cold weather.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    There's a whirlpool, sauna and steam room at my gym.

Don't know of any specific health benefits but the whirlpool helps relieve occasional muscle soreness and the steam room and sauna relax my body as well.

I also notice a loss of water weight after using the sauna and steam room as well. It's only temporary but it's nice to see the extra 2-4 wt loss now and then.

;)
  • JellybeansMomFl
    JellybeansMomFl Posts: 15 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I like to sit in the sauna after my workouts. It reduces my muscle aches.
  • BrookeLynn18
    BrookeLynn18 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Now that's it's colder I like to sit in the Sauna before I workout just to help warm up a little bit and then usually after. My gym is pretty cold and after I sit in one I usually lose a lot of excessive water weight. When I run I usually don't feel like I sweat a whole lot until closer to the end of my run, so sitting in the sauna I feel like I get the rest if it out of my pores.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Now that's it's colder I like to sit in the Sauna before I workout just to help warm up a little bit and then usually after. My gym is pretty cold and after I sit in one I usually lose a lot of excessive water weight. When I run I usually don't feel like I sweat a whole lot until closer to the end of my run, so sitting in the sauna I feel like I get the rest if it out of my pores.

Why would you intentionally try to dehydrate yourself?
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options

Why would you intentionally try to dehydrate yourself?

I had the same thought.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Why does how much you sweat when running bother you?
  • Gami07
    Gami07 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone who takes steam and suna.. I am really interested what's the best way to do it ? After work out you first take shower then go to steam room and after that go to suna ? Or just do steam / suna and then go to shower ?

Thank you!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    Don't think there's any "best" way to use a steam room or sauna. Just do it the best way that makes sense for you.