Disabled, poorly and 300lbs

Options
Hi I am wheelchair bound due to inflammatory arthritis and then have quite a restricted diet due to crohns. I struggle with illness every single day. But I am 37 and I refuse to give up. I have always been big but piled weight on while I have been ill. I have 2 young children and am determined that if I have to be in a wheelchair I will look good doing it. Would love some friends to help me along the way xx

Replies

• theabsentmindednurse
    theabsentmindednurse Posts: 405 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    While you have a mountain to climb, you don’t have to do it alone.
    Your wellness and weight loss journey is achievable if you take it small steps.
    Set maneagble goals and don’t think too far ahead.
    All you have to do for now is just START.
    Log your meals accurately.
    It really is CICO.
    I have sent you a friend request and am happy to support you on your journey :DB)
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Enter your food diary daily and keep tracking your calories, try to do small exercises. Keep active yourself. All the best!! Feel free to add me :)

For a Newbie check this link http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I've been in the position of having a drastically reduced diet. Are you able to use digestive microbes and enzymes, There are many scientific articles which indicate this can be beneficial particularly in cases of autoimmunity. Certainly they have changed my life. I had many rounds of antibiotics when I was a child back in the '50's and having several rounds of the microbes specific to replace those lost to antibiotics really helped me.

I wonder if it is possible to have tests done to identify the causes of your inflammation, these can be tied into digestive issues, its all so complicated. I know what you mean about "having to be in a wheel chair". I had a hard time with one when I broke my ankle years ago. I had very similar reactions to having to use my crutches in the last month, osteoarthritic flare up. I know conventional pain relief causes me pain, it sounds ironic and my doctors will not have it. (UK, NHS, here) None steroidal things are supposed to be the go to solution. I have found articles which say ultimately they will create the problem they are supposed to resolve.

Having lower cabs also helps, may be only by 10 or 20 grams fewer than MFP suggests. Doing this eases the load on the pancreas and liver, it allows the system to function with fewer insulin peeks and troughs. As I said before its so complicated. You may find vitamin and mineral supplements will help those lost through your crones.

Wishing your all the very best. I hope you will let me know how you get on. I'm open to an invite.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Andrea it's goodto see you here wanting to make the best you can indifficult circumstances. I hope that your message brings lots of motivation and support. You can do this despite all the obstacles. Good luck