Food Scale suggestion?

I’d like to know which food scale to buy? And how exactly you guys use it? Sorry guys,I am very new to this all diet plan

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    I have had my ozeri for 6 years and love it.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited November 2017
    I have this one from Amazon. $10 delivered in 2 days, works great. I use the tare feature all the time (most have that).

EDIT - it will do negative from tare as the previous poster recommends also. Using the example, you would take out PB until it read -20 grams (does grams or ounces). 5 kg is the max on it.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    I have this one from Amazon. $10 delivered in 2 days, works great. I use the tare feature all the time (most have that).

EDIT - it will do negative from tare as the previous poster recommends also. Using the example, you would take out PB until it read -20 grams (does grams or ounces). 5 kg is the max on it.

This... My bad! Not sure how you'd take something away and get a heavier weight..
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member

This... My bad! Not sure how you'd take something away and get a heavier weight..

I gave you an insightful anyway. I never thought about how useful that is. I just noticed that when I put a bread plate on and zero it it to weigh something, when I take the plate off it reads the negative weight of the plate. I have the partial spoon of yogurt after I weigh the right amount into a bowl that I try to get back into the container without splattering it all over the place. Much simpler to do it your way.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    I use a versatile scale (postal/kitchen) Ultraship 55. Comes with a 30 year warranty. Have used it since 2011 and love it.
    https://www.amazon.com/UltraShip-55-Digital-Shipping-Kitchen/dp/B000FSWB9K
    Weigh modes for the Ultraship 55 can be found here: http://myweigh.com/product/series/ (Pounds & Ounces OR Grams/kilograms.
    We also use this scale to weigh our baggage for flights as it goes up to 55 pounds. Need to put a large pot on top of it first and zero it out, then put your luggage bag on top of the pot. Otherwise, the luggage will cover up the display you are trying to read.