Going to Mexico with my Sis in 3 months

Options
callsitlikeiseeit
callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
edited November 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
And guess what? Imma gonna eat ALLLLL the food! And imma gonna drink ALLLLLL the booze! And i know I'll gain a few pounds.

AND THATS OKAY! Most will be water weight. Some will be real weight. All of it, will come OFF again!

I've lost 100. By February, it will be even more. I'm not worried about few pounds from a week of fun with my little sister!

People, live life. No one, other than you, cares what you look like in a swimsuit. Holidays, vacations, special events .... its all a part of LIFE. Don't get so caught up in an almighty number on the scale that you stop ENJOYING it.

Replies

• cahubbard6421
    cahubbard6421 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Yes! This is how this group should live. Not revolving around an app but living life, recording it, and trying to not focus so hard on the negative lol
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    So true, when I'm on vacation I enjoy myself!
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Have fun and get back to it when you return.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Love your attitude, wish I had that myself but I am already stressing about Christmas and I always fret over the 3 day visits I make to London to be with my mum as they always involve meals out and a lapse in control. I used to just enjoy these occasions since I do not get vacations, but now, the focus has become too much on whether I will come back 4-5 Ibs heavier. And I am not remotely overweight even.
  • cahubbard6421
    cahubbard6421 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    leggup wrote: »
    I was so worried this was another, "HOW MANY LBS CAN I LOSE IN 3 MONTHS I WANT TO LOSE 80?"

Seemed like it right? Lol
  • yweight1969
    yweight1969 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Right when I went on my cruise I ate what I wanted left what I didn't and came back a few pounds lighter without even trying. Have fun and enjoy :):):):):)
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Yasss! I'm getting married in Mexico in May. I'm going to thoroughly enjoy the food all week!

Whereabouts are you going?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Graelwyn75 wrote: »
    Love your attitude, wish I had that myself but I am already stressing about Christmas and I always fret over the 3 day visits I make to London to be with my mum as they always involve meals out and a lapse in control. I used to just enjoy these occasions since I do not get vacations, but now, the focus has become too much on whether I will come back 4-5 Ibs heavier. And I am not remotely overweight even.

Have you thought about speaking to your Doctor?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    Yasss! I'm getting married in Mexico in May. I'm going to thoroughly enjoy the food all week!

Whereabouts are you going?

cabo and somewhere else. my sister is the one planning it. my fiance sent her the $ for my portion and im just along for the ride LOLOLOL
    I was so worried this was another, "HOW MANY LBS CAN I LOSE IN 3 MONTHS I WANT TO LOSE 80?"

i know i iz sooo tricksie LOLOLOLOL :P
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Doctor knows, the services here for mental health are diabolical unless one can afford to go private. I have been waiting 8 months already to see someone.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

Doctor knows, the services here for mental health are diabolical unless one can afford to go private. I have been waiting 8 months already to see someone.

Sadly very true. That said, now I am "in the system" my re-referral to the psychiatrist came through in three months and I was able to muddle through till then always knowing my brilliant GP is on hand. But for talking therapies it's brutal. 2 years I waited for that and then you only get 56/a year of sessions.

I hope you at least get back to being to maintain a healthier weight.

As for holidays, Christmas I get a few days free for all, the rest is maintenance as much as I can manage whilst enjoying things. Luckily no work nights out of anything so that keeps mitigating damage easier. M&S party food though, I can't be the only one that buys it just for themselves to have instead of dinner whilst watching terrible Christmas telly?

And holidays/vacations I eat as I please. I don't wait all year to then not indulge in one of the pleasures of vacations, FOOD! There is only so much damage you can do in two weeks, even a month if you're a lucky sort that goe away for that long. Eat the fuds. Drink the drinks. Relax and have fun.
  • EloiseBean
    EloiseBean Posts: 16 Member
    Options

lmaoooo me too xD
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Three months in Mexico?! Okay, I am so jealous. Have a shot of tequila for me. ;-)
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I was terrified if how much I'd gain in a weeklong cruise. It turned out that there were ALOT of stairs, lol abd getting lost alot didn't hurt. I gained a grand total of 5 lbs, which I lost in two days due to the souvenir flu my husband got me from (apparently) Puerto Vallarta. (I was too sore from walking stairs to go onshore that day)
    My point is (yes there is one) No point in worrying about it. The good habits we've been training in ourselves actually stand up surprisingly well wheb tested in the real world.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    mgalvin12 wrote: »
    Three months in Mexico?! Okay, I am so jealous. Have a shot of tequila for me. ;-)

noooooooooooo IN 3 months, i am going

only a week, only a week. LOLOLOL
  • RunStart34
    RunStart34 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    That's great that your going with a mentally of not worrying. There are many great foods over in mexico that you need to enjoy!!
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Well I am glad you are able to do that. From my personal experience only, I am not able to do such things. Whenever I give myself permission to "Eat whatever I want" during a special occasion or vacation, I have an extremely difficult time getting back on track after. Often it takes me months to get back on track and by then I've gained 30lbs+

I think if you are able to eat whatever you want and drink whatever you want for one trip and then get right back into being healthy, that is the absolute perfect way to be!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

I just noticed you're UK.

Keep pushing for a referral, I hope you get the help soon.

Are you sure MFP is good place for you to be?