What’s your motivation for losing weight?

Options

Replies

• babydragoooon
    babydragoooon Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    pogiguy05 wrote: »
    Had a wake up call in August when I passed out while walking and broke my face and two teeth. one tooth went thru my bottom lip and it cost $2000 to fix my teeth.

oh my goodness are you okay?
  • ZedTop
    ZedTop Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I fell off my dirt bike some 12 months ago after yahooing in the bush, got my left knee and ankle badly damaged , spent most of the year with limited mobility and piled up many kilos . Now I'm trying to lose weight and to get my leg and back muscles back in order in time for summer.
  • Barfly57
    Barfly57 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    A 12k race and the Murph Challenge on consecutive weekends in May.
  • CrafyladyLoses
    CrafyladyLoses Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I turn 60 in March and my son is planning his wedding Next October.
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    mine was to help with an ongoing back problem. although to be fair most of my excess weight was gained following an injury in early 2016 (to my back), and extended hospital stay, resulting inactivity, and lots and lots of medication. now I'm nearly back to "normal weight" I feel much better, but I'm going to keep going and take a bit more off to see how it looks and feels.
  • Nysportsred
    Nysportsred Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I have always had issues with weight. When I was a kid I was chubby. In high school, between Junior and Senior year, I lost a lot of weight. I would play on multiple hockey teams with up to 3 games in one night 5-6 nights a week- then I would walk a lot after the third game most nights. I liked this 8 mile route I'd do and I'd switch it up with a 5 mile one on other nights. I went down to 165 pounds from 215. I kept it off for 4 years, but then In College I had a knee injury occur at work. I was on crutches for 6 months. I wasn't as educated about calories so I ate the same as I always did, but didn't have the exercise to burn it off. I ballooned up to 235 pounds. I was a size 42 waist. I had that weight on me for 6 years.

The realization for me came with these two occurrences:

1. First was a photo I had taken with my nephew in 2010. I was shocked to see I was so heavy. Maybe it was the picture? I then saw a picture of me from a friend's wedding and I look like a blimp with a suit on.
    2. When I went to a neurologist in Spring 2011for an issue with my neck stemming from hockey I got the report he had written for the insurance company and it described me as a "well groomed, but overweight male...." This clicked in me. People do see me as overweight. I am IN FACT overweight. It is not in my head. Shortly after I got a new job and they couldn't find any pants size 42. It was embarrassing.
  • bwestdevore37
    bwestdevore37 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Going down one size in clothing. Need to get to 36, so I can wear all the clothes in my closet that are a size smaller
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    My beach wedding is in May! I'd like to get to my goal weight (20lbs away) this winter so I can order my dress in the right size.
  • babydragoooon
    babydragoooon Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Starting a new thread for weight loss inspiration <3 I’m curious, what is it that pushes you to lose weight? This month, mine is fitting into a dress for a party coming up (I’ve recently put on a few pounds :'( but I’m confident that I can get back on track!)

Share your inspiration!

I thought it was about time for an update. I am now FOUR POUNDS from my goal! looks like I’m going to be fitting into that dress soon!

• tuolon
    tuolon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    For health and all that jazz. But, mainly to fit in the clothes i used to wear at 120 lbs. Great work brookielaw! You succeeded at a difficult road. I am proud and in awe of you. Great job.
  • avjets
    avjets Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello All...great thread. My motivation is two-fold: health and retirement. I turned 46 yesterday and I am targeting an early retirement at age 55 and I not only want to be here for that but be really active. In the last year I made some great strides: Quit smoking and lost 15-20 lbs depending on scale, however most of that weight loss occurred in the first few months. I am an avid cyclist but I wonder how much better I could do without these extra lbs. I am a realist and not too concerned with getting down to ideal BMI stats ( which are misleading) but would love to get down another 20 and be about 180. I am tired of starting and not maintaining so I am really motivated. Thank you all for sharing and all the best to you on your journey.
  • sssgilbe
    sssgilbe Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 and want to be healthy so I can be active the rest of my life. And fit into skinny jeans.

I don't want to be dependent on others in my old age because I refused to take responsibility for my own CICO.
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Because I'm fat and I hate how I look.