Low budget recipes

Hi guys, I am looking for some low budget recipes I could bring to school cuz I’m still studying. There is no microwave or whatever to warm-up a meal.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Don't look for recipes, just combine foods you like and can afford and can be eaten cold.
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    Brown rice and beans.
    Tuna or pb on wheat.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    edited November 2017
    A sandwich or wrap.
    Piece of fruit.
    Carrots.
    Hard boiled egg.
    Salad with beans, lentils, tuna, pasta, potato, vegetables, hard boiled egg.
    Cold cooked meats.
    Tuna
    Rice balls
    Yogurt, cottage cheese
    Pretzels
    Look up bento boxes for ideas. https://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?rs=ac&len=2&q=bento box lunch for adults&eq=Bento&etslf=8486&term_meta[]=bento box lunch for adults|autocomplete|undefined
    There are a lot of threads about eating on a budget here. Search for them and do some reading.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10615326/budget-ideas#latest
  • maura_tasi
    maura_tasi Posts: 196 Member
    When I was in school and on campus the whole day I was a big fan of building my own bento boxes. I'd have a few apple slices (or grapes), some whole wheat crackers, and some slices of cheese. I also liked hummus and veggies (carrots, celery, sugar snap peas) with some sliced pita. Those can both be budget friendly if weighed and measured properly! Sometimes I'd make a turkey wrap or use those flat out flat breads to make a sandwich. My turkey sandwiches usually fall under 200 calories (flat out bread:90cals, 2oz (57grams) turkey:60calories, ultra thin cheese: 34-40 calories depending on the weight, and mustard. Not fancy but it was satisfying. Sometimes I add spinach and cucumber which are both very low calorie additions. Homemade Greek yogurt parfaits are good too. Scoop some plain Greek yogurt into a Tupperware and top with some granola and fresh berries. Rice, beans, and sautéed peppers taste yummy cold as well. I like those starkist tuna packets that are flavored. My favorites are the lemon pepper and the sweet/spicy and both are under 100cals. Those single serve wholey guacamole cups are great too. They're 100 calories and pair nicely with sliced veggies. Turkey rollups are great too. Some sliced turkey with cheese and mustard rolled up together with a side of fruit or raw veggies. And lastly you can't go wrong with a homemade salad! Very easy to bulk up and usually fairly low in calories if you watch the dressings.