Needed to lose 30 lbs this year. Only have 40 lbs to go.

Options
New here. I do the same thing many others do. I eat good all week but pig all weekend(including Friday night). Set up MFP this past Saturday and kept my eating in line this weekend. Hoping it helps me continue to keep my weekends clean.
To me, exercise has always been the easy part. So time to really track my food.
One question> If you shove a candy bar in your mouth, and then feel guilty and spit it in the trash, how much do you record on food page ?? lol.... :) Dont act like you havent done it.

Replies

• Lutielu
    Lutielu Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Lol if you don’t swallow you haven’t technically ingested any calories right?
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I don't pig out on weekends. I'm home all week working from home and all weekend as well but keep busier on weekends. :) I have a problem with night time eating and drinking alcohol has helped me keep the weight on too. It's all about lifestyle change. I'm taking it one day at a time.
  • adair_j99
    adair_j99 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can say I haven't done it! I am greedy and if that chocolate makes it to my mouth, it's mine!! I share with my belly, hips, thighs, etc... Lol
  • plus20UsernameOfPower
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    I don't pig out on weekends. I'm home all week working from home and all weekend as well but keep busier on weekends. :) I have a problem with night time eating and drinking alcohol has helped me keep the weight on too. It's all about lifestyle change. I'm taking it one day at a time.

Night time is the worst for me, too! Weekends I'm fine - I'm running around like a crazy person. But after a long day at work, I just want an entire bag of chips. :)
  • plus20UsernameOfPower
    Options
    driefishin wrote: »
    New here. I do the same thing many others do. I eat good all week but pig all weekend(including Friday night). Set up MFP this past Saturday and kept my eating in line this weekend. Hoping it helps me continue to keep my weekends clean.
    To me, exercise has always been the easy part. So time to really track my food.
    One question> If you shove a candy bar in your mouth, and then feel guilty and spit it in the trash, how much do you record on food page ?? lol.... :) Dont act like you havent done it.

You got this! Accountability is key. You will make mistakes, but learn from them. Use the tracker as a tool to figure out how your body reacts when you eat certain things, etc., then make adjustments from there. Knowledge is power. :)
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    driefishin wrote: »

Sure. I've done that. Except for that "spit it in the trash" part. No way. :)

• driefishin
    driefishin Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Ya'll are great. Love the comments. Some funny, some insightful, some truthful .