Replies

• MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    STLBADGIRL wrote: »
    MrSith wrote: »
    I give credit where credit is due.

I like this @MrSith - I just read a post where that was pretty sad, and I was thinking what if the OP knew how many people they inspired or thought they were awesome for being brave. And again, I often wonder myself.
    I just don't like something because I normally like the person then my like/woo or whatever would not have meaning.

I have to agree with @Ironandwine69 that it's better we can't see and to me it's not really important. I like being appreciated like the rest at times but I don't value another person's appreciation over anyone else.

=)
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    You can see who reacts to your posts with MFP premium, among many other awesome features. This is how @Caporegiem knows whose DMs to slide into.

Can confirm, I can see names of who reacted on all of my posts.

@Caporegiem - My question to you is - do you like that added feature knowing who reacts to your post or you can do without the feature?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm the only one who wants to know who I inspire or give insight to, huh? So you guys mean to tell me you do not want to know who gave you the thumbs up?

No, I don't really care.
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    I Woo your post, yupe...I was one of them.

Thanks it's great to know. @inked_Momma Can you tell me why you Woo my post? It wasn't intended to be negative. It was intended to be positive. If you like someone's post or think they responded in a way that was awesome, why is that a secret?

This is why we can't see who likes or woo's our posts.

Do you mean, this is why non premium members can't see?
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    You can see who reacts to your posts with MFP premium, among many other awesome features. This is how @Caporegiem knows whose DMs to slide into.

wait, wuh? Really? This almost makes want to spring for the premium. Woo is me.

@caco_ethes @TenaciousGymKitten idk maybe...I got the premium and I haven't figured out how to do this.

If it's true then I need to stop leaving sarcastic/arguably creepy Inspiring's on people's posts :D

Premium does seem to make the app go a lot faster, though...which was my main complaint when I rage quit this summer lol. It can do some interesting macro stuff like assign exercise calories to macros you are supposed to get but I haven't figured that out yet, either.

This just made me bust out in laughter....so I liked it!

Aw man...I was hoping to inspire. :(>:)

:)

That actually is a good reason to not know, though. I bet people would get all passive aggressive and figure out how to turn the 'Like' into a negative. Hold 'woo' grudges, etc...lol.

You woo'd me! Why wasn't I awesome? Stop liking my posts!

I thought about that - I can understand the woo and the flags, but not the positive buttons. When I like someone's post on my news feed, they know I liked it. I just thought it was a good feature to have in the community, as well. But I guess that's not the popular opinion around here.
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    Aw man...I was hoping to inspire. :(>:)

:)

How about insightful? I'm not inspired enough to get premium, yet....LOL
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    I Woo your post, yupe...I was one of them.

Thanks it's great to know. @inked_Momma Can you tell me why you Woo my post? It wasn't intended to be negative. It was intended to be positive. If you like someone's post or think they responded in a way that was awesome, why is that a secret?

Do you mean, this is why non premium members can't see?

I am still sceptical that premium membership can.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Well, you know these buttons are relatively new. When they didn't exist, instead of wooing you, people told you why they thought you were full of bunk. This started alot of fights and threads were l-o-n-g............ The woo button was created to handle the bulk of all this. The threads were alot more interesting. Things are so tame now. I can't remember the last time I saw a "mean people" thread. They used to be at least weekly.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Well, you know these buttons are relatively new. When they didn't exist, instead of wooing you, people told you why they thought you were full of bunk. This started alot of fights and threads were l-o-n-g............ The woo button was created to handle the bulk of all this. The threads were alot more interesting. Things are so tame now. I can't remember the last time I saw a "mean people" thread. They used to be at least weekly.

Wow. All that conflict solved by the addition of a 'woo' button.

Yes--isn't MFP great!
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options

VERY very good point. And my gripe is not the Woo button - I can see how that can cause a lot of issues. But, I'm more so talking about the more on the positive buttons - but after listening to different opinions, I guess it's not a great idea. And I wished that curb my curiosity :/ But it doesn't.

Oh, and the "mean people" are still here.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Casting vote.. I don't care
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options

Yes--isn't MFP great!

so far I'm loving it! To bad we can't apply that woo button to bring world peace.

Exactly, I wish the Woo button extended beyond MFP!!!!
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options

Yes--isn't MFP great!

so far I'm loving it! To bad we can't apply that woo button to bring world peace.

Exactly, I wish the Woo button extended beyond MFP!!!!

I wish I could just Wooo at my husband in RL. Rolling my eyes is so much work.