Im loosing motivation

Options
2»

Replies

• billkansas
    billkansas Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I suggest you try going back to basics. Try powerlifting such as Starting Strength. It brought new life to my workout routine. Instead of performing the myriad of exercises all the time you focus on four (squat, deadlift, press, bench press). Personally, I'm motivated to workout now because I'm now always looking for my next personal record. Workouts are short and sweet. After a heavy deadlift or squat workout- you'll be sore all over and you will know you are getting stronger (appearance will follow). In some ways it is liberating to say "to hell with appearance" and just train for yourself and seek to beat your own personal records. Don't train to impress anyone- but yourself.
  • Greater_Gains
    Greater_Gains Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just hang in there we all go through this phase.. just keep remembering why you started in the first place
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    You can't outrun a bad diet.

You can train 2 hours a day but if you eat Oreos you will get fat.

So...adjust your calories to lose 1 lb. a week. Make your goal to lose 10 lbs.

Once you lose 10 lbs. reassess your progress.

If you still have those love handles then lose another 5-10 lbs.

As far as you butt goes, don't obsess over it. Those butts you see on youtube are often a product of cosmetic surgery and fat injections. That's how Kim Kardashian got her big butt.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Lean59man wrote: »

As far as you butt goes, don't obsess over it. Those butts you see on youtube are often a product of cosmetic surgery and fat injections. That's how Kim Kardashian got her big butt.

You mean if those Oreos put you into a surplus.. and even in a surplus.. you may or may not "get fat". :)

• Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

You mean if those Oreos put you into a surplus.. and even in a surplus.. you may or may not "get fat". :)

Yes, you have explained it better. Thanks.

Nothing wrong with Oreos per se. Yum!

I can eat the whole package myself.

An Oreo has 55 calories so if I ate 10 that would be 550 calories and I'd have to train for a long time to burn that off. Yikes!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

Yes, you have explained it better. Thanks.

Nothing wrong with Oreos per se. Yum!

I can eat the whole package myself.

An Oreo has 55 calories so if I ate 10 that would be 550 calories and I'd have to train for a long time to burn that off. Yikes!

Yea 10 Oreos.. I actually prefer Oreo thins (I know I know... that's not even an Oreo lol) and I usually have 2, maybe 4.
  • Katy2Survivor
    Katy2Survivor Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm same I lost 22 pounds ... I loved working out it relaxed me. Specially weights .. But recently I can't push myself to workout
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    First, what are your goals? What program are you currently running?

If you weren't seeing the results you want, typically the solution will be diet (deficit, surplus, etc) or quality of workout. Not training harder.

You need to find something you love to do. Lifting gets hard, but if you find yourself burning out or close to your max, switch to something else... more hypertrophy, different variations, etc.

My program has me changing my exercises every month, and the rep schemes are always changing so I don't get stuck as much. So if I get caught up on a certain lift, next month I typically move on to another variation (obviously not a good program if your goal is to gain strength in a particular lift or compete in powerlifting)

This is really the question.

What are you goals, and what is your program?

Second, are your goals achievable or can they be broken down into parts that are achievable.
    lady_ghost wrote: »
    my goals was to have a more curvier figure. but my *kitten* is still flat and i have love handle. ive gained muscle and definition in every other part of my body but my butt stomach and back fat are stikl a struggle. ive lost motivation to tray, i train hard and i see no results. my *kitten* hurts that i cant even sit and yet it has not grown any inches. im now doing that glute guy program and im not getting much out of it. o have to spend an hour activating my glutes and doing that every day just to feel anything. :(

There's really no training program(other than eating at a surplus and taking hormones) that will make you curvier.
  • chandrewadley
    chandrewadley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Q