Weight loss journey as a busy waitress

Options
2»

Replies

• flookie9
    flookie9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the comments and suggestions!! I have been bad about counting my calories and relying too much on what I thought were small portions. I’m trying to log everything as best as I can now. (It’s a little hard because it’s not like I know every ingredient and I can’t measure anything but I’m doing my best and usually over-estimate just in case) I’ll try to switch my treats to the lower calorie coffees at Starbucks and keep it to once or twice a week, and after this bottle of hydroxy cut is empty I’m not going to buy another (since a general consensus seems to be that it’s not worth it).

What I’m most surprised and confused at though is people who say I don’t have much weight to lose so 2lbs a week is too big a goal? I have about 30-40 pounds I still want to lose, and I feel like that’s quite a lot. Is 2 pounds really a in-achievable goal?
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    According to mfp it is not a good idea. If you read here you will see that some people have over 100 lbs to lose. I started with 100 and have lost 30. I had it set for 2 lbs. Per week and more or less lost at that rate or 1.5 per week. It was pretty easy for me since I started at 237 and it was more than 1percent of my body weight. I wanted to keep that rate until breaking 200 but couldn't. Since you have to eat less and less to keep losing I was at 1200 calories at 2lbs. Per week. Tried that for 4 days and couldn't do it. Changed to 1.5 lbs per week to eat at 1400. That was better but... Then just decided to change to 1 lb. Week as a mini refeed for 2 weeks and I like it. I'm going to continue the 1 lb. per week. I don't feel deprived and I have energy for my life. I'd rather lose slower now that I'm out of the danger zone for my health and feel good. I can't imagine a woman under 200 lbs. losing that fast after what I experienced and I still have 70 lbs. to go. I was irritable, couldn't sleep because of hunger and I have a busy active life and that was unsustainable.
  • sksk1026
    sksk1026 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It's just that if you set an aggressive weightloss-per-week goal, you get fewer calories to eat and this can result in your eating plan becoming unsustainable. There's nothing worse than being hungry and bored day after day on a diet of steamed chicken and broccoli and trying to control a natural desire to eat with sheer willpower. It's grim. You need to find a way to eat that you'd be comfy with, the rest of your life. So make room for treats and favourite food. In your case, you're very active so I'd eat a higher calorie allocation and would record my activity so the activity calories drop my calorie intake back to the more aggressive number. Can you wear a pedometer at work so you can figure out your activity calories? Pedometers are cheap to buy. I'd also sometimes eat back the exercise calories - that could be in the form of more Starbucks treats.
  • svel713
    svel713 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Tall light frappucinos (no whip) run 110-140 calories. I know the light peppermint mocha runs 110 cal because I just checked.

A tall iced coffee with milk is 80 calories, and you can get it in vanilla or caramel flavor at no extra charge. Its also cheap at around $2.60.