keto lifestyle for beginners

Options
hello im starting my keto diet this thursday and im new to fitness pal and looking for some friends.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    why thursday?
  • Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi! Been eating keto since Oct 1. You can add me if you don't mind having an old lady as a pal! LOL! I've lost 20 pounds so far.

@TavistockToad You have to prepare for it, buying the right foods, etc. Getting rid of all the non-keto foods so they don't tempt you.
  • ketonewbie27
    ketonewbie27 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    because i was reading somewhere were it said its best to start close to the weekend
  • OnAllFours
    OnAllFours Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm running down that same path, just started a few weeks ago. Add me if you'd like.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi! Been eating keto since Oct 1. You can add me if you don't mind having an old lady as a pal! LOL! I've lost 20 pounds so far.

@TavistockToad You have to prepare for it, buying the right foods, etc. Getting rid of all the non-keto foods so they don't tempt you.

How wasteful
  • goonybaby07
    goonybaby07 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have unfortunately failed my keto diet... as a weight lifter and very active I just couldn’t keep enough energy. However I have learned a lot about it. I did it for 3 months and did lose weight. Preparation is the key. I wasn’t prepared and didn’t research quite enough. Bacon is now your best friend haha (best part about it in my opinion) I would also research meal ideas and plan them out. My biggest issue was my family wanted carbs so I was cooking 2 meals every night and at a complete loss of my to cook for myself hat didn’t push my protein too high was very low in carbs and very high in fat. Good luck!
  • skygrl67
    skygrl67 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Starting up again this week! It’s a challenge bringing food with me on the road but having friends in this community can be a blessing!
  • ketonewbie27
    Options
  • Jigglypuff00
    Options

How wasteful

How is it wasteful?
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Throwing away perfectly goos food is wasteful. Perhaps donate it to someone less fortunate?
  • Jigglypuff00
    Options
    Throwing away perfectly goos food is wasteful. Perhaps donate it to someone less fortunate?

And who said anything about throwing away food?
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options

And who said anything about throwing away food?

Oh i assumed getting rid of all non keto foods meant throwing it away. Sorry my bad
  • ketonewbie27
    Options
    oh no not throwing away i just gave all my bad food to my siblings thank you @goonybaby07 my husband is doing this with me so hopefully it shouldn't be too bad plus he heard bacon and was all game lol but i have been doing research