Neeeeed sleeeeeep

Options
I'm surviving on around 6 hours of sleep a night, sometimes much less, and it's taking its toll.
Finding it hard to function, let alone train as hard as I want to.

Any amazing tips on how to stay asleep instead of waking up several times in the night?

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Chamomile tea before bed. If that doesn't work, try OTC Melatonin
  • abs1970
    abs1970 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Aah, I didn't think about Melatonin. Going to give that a try...... thanks :)
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    My best friend swears by kava. It's pretty widely available in the vitamin isle. I haven't tried it but she says it knocks her out pretty well.
  • abs1970
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    My best friend swears by kava. It's pretty widely available in the vitamin isle. I haven't tried it but she says it knocks her out pretty well.

I've never heard of it - might have to do some research. Thanks.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    My mom takes valerian root when she needs to de-stress. That's a big ol' Russian thing.

You can always try Tylenol PM or ZZZQuil if you don't want an herbal remedy.
  • abs1970
    Options
    I'd rather keep it natural to be honest. I've tried diazepam once or twice in the past but hate the groggy feeling afterwards.
  • Vonny198334
    Vonny198334 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I was prone to this, so I really feel for you.

In desperation I downloaded an app (relax & sleep), set it to air conditioner which I found most soothing & have had no problems for a year.

Really hope you find something that works for you, it's really not fun never feeling fully alert.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Earplugs, 3 mg melatonin, and sometimes a shot of whiskey = works every time.